Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Ordered my Kodiaq yesterday. No indication yet of delivery dates.
Went for: 2.0 TDI. SE L 150 DSG in quartz grey. No extra stuff.

I used CarWow and saved myself a packet due to the other dealerships across the country competing with my local dealership in Derby. I can highly recommend that website!

I had been looking at the X Trail and Sorento but much preferred the Kodiaq. The experience of being in the Skoda dealership was also a much more positive experience than my local Nissan.

Hope my wait isn't too long!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

I'm also a convert to Carwow, having bought my last 3 cars through the site. A refreshing change from "I'll need to speak to the sales manager" uncomfortable haggling method of car buying.

Happy driving.... Soon....ish...

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Have you Carwow fans put in P/Xs ? If so how does the P/x allowance compare to doing a deal direct with a dealer and is it the supplier of the new car that takes the old one?
BTW, anyone thinking of using 'We buy any car.com', don't waste you time their offers are a complete rip-off.
I tried it with one of my Saab convertibles and they offered me £3000 LESS than I got from a Mercedes dealer in P/x for a Merc A class.
WBAC £15,000 Merc dealer £18,000. They used to hang Highwaymen didn't they! :twisted:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Have you Carwow fans put in P/Xs ? If so what sort of price do you get and is it the supplier of the new car that takes the old one?
I ended up not using the Carwow result - but they are all normal Skoda dealers, and will accept PX - but normally you'd need to take your car for them to look at (at least the few I discussed it with did). In the end my local dealership did as well as Carwow in the total package.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would recommend you add front sensors its a big old car.

I have the same spec on order after rejecting my current one, the dealership have been really good they have given me a scout to run around in while i wait for the new one to be delivered, all i can say its a lot heavier on fuel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Have you Carwow fans put in P/Xs ? If so how does the P/x allowance compare to doing a deal direct with a dealer and is it the supplier of the new car that takes the old one?
BTW, anyone thinking of using 'We buy any car.com', don't waste you time their offers are a complete rip-off.
I tried it with one of my Saab convertibles and they offered me £3000 LESS than I got from a Mercedes dealer in P/x for a Merc A class.
WBAC £15,000 Merc dealer £18,000. They used to hang Highwaymen didn't they! :twisted:
The best price on carwow was actually from a dealer who was only 20 miles away so I went to them for a test-drive and they cast an eye over my car while there. They are giving me a competitive (approximate Parker's part ex estimate) price and have fixed it despite the delivery ticking over into another reg period.

For me it's more about cost to change as what they give with one hand they take with the other and I'm happy with the deal I have got with 14.6% discount plus 1k fuel card offer.

I know some people can be offended at low part ex prices but if you get a bigger discount off the car, it all works out.

My last car came from Leicester (Nissan) and no-one could come close to their carwow price. They gave me a part ex price on my car unseen and didn't see the car until delivery day. I think as long as you are honest and don't expect the moon on a stick, it is the best way to buy a new car nowadays.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have bought and P/x'd 3 cars on line both the one I am buying and my P/X unseen by both parties.
Always with the rider that if either party is not happy the deal is off. Works for me.
My comment re 'Webuyanycar.com' stands as you are not buying anything from them and they just extract the P. Anybody that uses then must be in dire financial straits or mentally deficient.
They are apparently owned by British Car Auctions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I p/Xd my Fiesta and my local dealer even gave me more than they had originally offered to make sure they beat a Car Wow quote from Liverpool!

I had a call today from my dealer telling me my build week - 14. Expected to be at dealership end of April, start of June.

Exciting times!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had two Skodas in the past - and went first o the VW Touran and then to the Ford S-Max side when we had lots of kids - both were good cars. But the look of the Kodiaq had me hooked from the day it was announced. Sleek, robust, stylish and purposeful. We bought a 2.0 Diesel SEL 4x4 - an amazing car at a very good price. Very, very pleased.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It has arrived!!!!!

Arrived yesterday. I love it so far.

What does the Skoda Connect actually do that is worth keeping it for after the first 12 months?

I have an iPhone and that seems to do it all anyway?

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sweet matey!
Erm I thought the Connect stuff was free(becoming a paid extra for new customers from next year): -

Product name: Proactive Service
Order Date: 28/04/2018
Runtime of the article: 28/04/2032
Price: 0,- EUR

Product name: Emergency call
Runtime of the article: 28/04/2032

Product name: Infotainment Online
Runtime of the article: 28/04/2019

Product name: Remote Access
Runtime of the article: 28/04/2019

·
Registered
141 Posts
Doh, just realised infotainment and remote access looks like it will require payment next year for me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts