Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had a problem with the handbrake not automatically releasing (when used in conjunction with Auto Hold) ... had no issues initially, but for the last 2 days, when trying to move off, the handbrake is [randomly] not releasing and i have to do it manually ...

If it continues then I'll need to get it looked into, but I'm not doing anything different from what I did when i got the car, nor have I changed any settings that I know of1

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also use the auto hold feature a lot but not seen any issues yet with over 2000miles

·
Registered
617 Posts
Works fine for me too. At the traffic lights, auto hold comes into play automatically. And when parking, handbrake comes on automatically. Both disengage when moving off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a further update on this ... the problem got worse last week, so I turned off the Auto Hold and found that the handbrake had no issues releasing - it was definitely to do with Auto Hold. It was becoming dangerous especially when trying to exit from a junction or onto a roundabout. I thought I was about to be the first Kodiaq to be returned for a repair :(

However I switched it back on the weekend just as a trial and it has been absolutely fine since - go figure! So all is well for now, but if it happens again then I'll have no option to book it in to be looked at.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I don't use the auto hold. I find the DSG anti-roll-back is sufficient for most occasions.
GJL. could you put car details on your signature please it will help others to know your spec if you ask any questions in the future.
Thanks.
Colin.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi e1. I'm also having problem with auto hold. Got my bear yesterday. For some reason when starting on an inclined road the auto hold function delays the brakes release resulting in engine shuting down. Playing with the throttle and the clutch is a workaround but I'm afraid that I 'll damage the clutch disc, so I've switched it off and I'll go to my dealer for check.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was confused about how it works at first and as I'm not inclined to read the manual so it took me a couple of days to figure it out. One annoying thing is that it won't release the handbrake when the door's open so if youre parking and just open the door to check you're in the space properly, you have to shut the door again.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
How I hate all this unnecessary tech! God help anybody who keeps it out of warranty or does not extend it. It will be an electricians nightmare when something goes wrong!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
How I hate all this unnecessary tech! God help anybody who keeps it out of warranty or does not extend it. It will be an electricians nightmare when something goes wrong!
Do you miss having a choke to pull Colin?

Abso~lootly, Give me a pair of SU carbs, a coil and a distributor and I'm you man (with a bag of spanners)
If they were reliable, rust free and automatic I would drive a PVT! But they'r none of these things so I have to put up with over technical modern stuff!
Post written with tongue firmly in cheek!!! :lol:
(I lurve my Bear!!) ;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
A colleague of mine has Superb and when switching to the 7th gear, the electronic hand brake was activated while driving 130 km/h. Fortunately it was under the warranty and was repaired. No problems since then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone experienced any more problems with this and has had it fixed?

I have found just recently that it is starting to happen on my Kodiaq. The handbrake working itself is fine but when auto hold is on it seems to stick and clang whilst moving off... would the grit affect this and if so how do I rectify or is it a garage job?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this problem too, in the first couple of weeks after I got it. The automatic handbrake just stopped releasing over a couple of days, which was a bit worrying when I was trying to park it in a small space with lots of other cars around. I switched it off for a day or so then switched it back on again, and that seemed to reset it. I haven't had a problem since, but I've been keeping a sharp eye out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the same problem - its been quite randomly, since new. dealer couldn't found the problem so i came when it start's playing up. it takes 4 months to get new replacement - the dealer firstly reject my right for replacement... so quite long way. i have the new one just 3rd day and it looks like its the same issue. quite pissed with it ;-(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts