Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this subject was covered briefly earlier in the year but here's an update.
When I got my car in October (M-week 39) the manual was at the Oct 2016 revision both the online and in the car, this function was not present. The new manual Nov 2017 has the details (see attachments).
Font Parallel Document Terrestrial plant Number

Font Parallel Number Document Screenshot

I have noticed only recently that there is a Hand Gesture function of the stereo now! Maybe the software has just been updated on my car?
The functionality is described in the new manual too (did not used to be there, I read the old one cover to cover!)

It works a treat and is good for keeping down the fingerprint count on the 9.2" display. You get a sort of 'scrunch' audio cue when its doing it.

Anyone else had a play? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unless I've missed something I think it's a bit of a gimmick. You can swipe left of ride for the odd bit of functionality but it's very limited and certainly isn't going to stop fingerprints on the screen to any great extent.

More useful is the softkey buttons disappearing and then reappearing as your hand approaches the screen. Very good for freeing up screen real estate and displaying more of what you want to see.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
It's a neat party trick, but that's it. Only functions I know of are the swiping for music and the main menu...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I quite often use hand gestures, most of which are not in the book and use a wrist action.

Like most of the connectivity features on the Kodiaq in reality they are little used gimmicks, more importantly the issue is they are not truly connected, it's certainly not plug'n'play technology. The Kodiaq showed great potential technology wise but ultimately it's significantly flawed which is a shame.

For me Skoda launched the Kodiaq as a beta release and is bench testing it on the early adopters, a strategy that will bite them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts