Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any questions or things you want me to look at.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I loved it.
The dsg is the first I've ever driven, takes a bit of getting used too, but can see why people love it.
Paired with the new electric parking break the car pretty much drives for you.

Still I'm glad I went manual, don't think it would suit my driving style.

Engine is very punchy, I noticed it quicker than my 150 tdi mk3 Octavia, and that was just about the town roads.

Doesnt feel big at all, feels exactly like I'm during my Octavia, only you are higher up.

No body roll to speak of at all. On the wee bit of a country road I did get to test it on.
And I've driven some terrible boats type things, like a shogun, and range rovers.

Reallllly can't wait to get mine now in a few weeks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great news and feedback. It matches my views on having test driven that same engine and DSG a few days ago (posted separately).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I agree as well, with all your points bearing in mind mine is a 1.4 DSG.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove the 150 petrol and 190tdi back to back. The petrol was a pleasant surprise the more l drove it but lacked a bit of power at lower speeds pulling away from roundabouts. The 190 dsg tdi was puzzling. I say this as l wanted to compare it to a 163 tdi in my XC60 but it didn't seem to have the same punch. This might be due to unfamiliarity with auto gear boxes and the insulated environment of the kodiaq. It did improve in sport mode but even better flicked to the side and used as a manual. I rang the dealer back after to check it was 190 not 150 which they originally said they were getting in but it was 190 apparently. I like the kodiaq and it's between this and the new XC60 which can't be driven until July. Hopefully, by then l could get 190 tdi Kodiaq SEL with 5 seats and ideally manual as a choice. Need to have a longer drive with the 190 as no other reports mention lack of power. If l was doing less miles the petrol would certainly be an option.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Kodiaq SEL is only available as a 7 seater at the moment. It 'may' be available as 5 in the future but not for some time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, that what I was implying - the dealer said the seat deletion is in talks at Skoda but they hadn't heard anything yet. I wouldn't mind deleting some of the shiny plastic in the front either, as it was covered in fingerprints and already showing scratches :) My issue with the seats, aside from not needing them or the extra cost, is it makes the boot to ceiling height quite small and I will need a custom fitted dog crate for a large dog who needs height to be comfortable. The dealer said it would be 2-4 cm deeper in the 5 seat version which would be crucial. The XC60 is a good 9cm taller and 10cm wider between wheel arches - surprising given how big the Kodiaq looks externally.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Common Rail diesels used by VAG are much more linear in their power supply to the previous PD diesels which means they do feel slower (but are not) the EU6 software which includes a bit of a dead throttle pedal will emphasise this.

If you go far a 5 seater then you will also get a boot float that is lower than the tailgate entrance, check to see if this will be an issue with a dog crate!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts