Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No VIP invite for me as I have never bought a Skoda before. I am off to the Netherlands today though and was wondering if they are on the road or in showrooms there; so that I might get a look in person. Anyone know?
Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've never bought a Skoda before, but last night received an invite for Friday night 7 to 9pm at Dm Keith in leeds

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
WeeCobi.
Ring up your nearest dealer and ask for an invitation. They are not going to say no as long as the spaces are not already taken. I'm sure they won't turn you away. You might just place an order!! ;) If you do, get the order in to the factory before the end of February and you should get the freeby VIP package of spacesaver and Canton (500W) sound system, together worth £500! (ask the dealer to make sure)
Enjoy the Netherlands. I love it!
But I doubt there will be any driving around. The Dutch configurator does not yet exist so I don't think there will be any even in showrooms.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin, order placed through Broker and the dealer is a long way from me. I have build week 13 for now. Hopefully not unlucky!
I won't get my hopes up for the Netherlands then 😕

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howdy,

Dutch guy over here.

Dont get me started about Kodiaq events/introductions. Been at multiple dealerships but they all say the same: 'It will be in showrooms by the end of March''

The closest I have been to an early sneak peak was at White Dove Skoda. Yes. The one in Cardiff. Just a shame that plane tickets came to about 600 pounds for two.

The configurator on the Dutch site works great by the way, as well as for the facelifted octavia. Don't get your hopes up though. Due to CO2 tax you'll be paying a lot more in tulip/windmill country...

If you do see one, give me a shout and I'll race towards you!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Interesting! I looked this morning and there was no Kodiaq configurator for the Netherlands. But after going into Skoda.nl I did eventually find it. More expensive than U.K.The U.K.Launch is early April rumoured to be the 6th. But after all the other cock-ups I'll believe it when I see it.
I do know that no UK dealer is allowed to register a Kodiaq BEFORE 6/4/17

·
Registered
7 Posts
Such a shame and talking about missed opportunities. We'll have to pay about 10k on taxes alone. Makes the car a lot more expensive, not even to mention the ownership tax we have to pay each month! (About £60 a month)

But on the other hand we've got Stroopwafels to eat by our tea :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Ik hou van stroopwaffels, lekker!

I have to pay £5,108.33 VAT on my Kodiaq SE L 1.4DSG Jungle green, sun roof and front sensors £30,650.
What on earth is ownership tax??? £720 p.a. That's horrendous! Denk aan alle Stroopwafels je kon kopen voor dat! :lol:
Is it like U.K. annual Vehicle excise duty (road tax) on my car that will be £200 in the first year and then £140 p.a.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your Dutch concerning Stroopwafels is excellent XD

Ownership tax equals road tax. It's just too expensive! The bigger the more CO2 the more you pay. Don't even want to know what a VRS will cost you monthly!

Crazy though, the Kodiaq starts at €35.000 in the Netherlands opposed to the £25.000. Not as nearly as 'cheap'.

Maybe start a Stroopwafel company and run it on GB plates. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts