Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Getting the configuration you want!

12K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  MoominPapa 
#1 ·
Skoda customer service (there's a misnomer) tell me that a Kodiaq with 5 seats but the better specs will not sell and there is no demand.!!
My insurance quote for 7 seater is 9% higher than a 5 seater.
The weight of the extra row will affect consumption.
Why do I have to buy a 7 seater?--answer there is no demand!!. I am not alone am I?
John R

#2 ·
John,

I am following the Kodiaq wi-th anticipation, I'm only looking for a 5 seat high spec vehicle, 'Edition' or even L&K if they choose to bring one out. I only wish they would add either the 280bhp 2.0tsi or the 240bhp BiTurbo diesel. I have no interest in 7 seats what so ever, even with my young children. Have they told you the 'Edition' is 7 seats only then or have I misread your initial post?

James.

#6 ·
John, Don't quite understand your first line. Did you mean 'there is' a Kodiaq with 5 seats? "The better specs will not sell"??? what, with 5 seats? no demand for what? 5 seats or 7.
I would be interested to hear where you got your Insurance quote from when the car is not even available yet. Please advise.
My dealer says that every time he gets a Touran in on P/X he is asked when selling it if it has 7 seats. I pointed out that the Touran is a family 'bus' not an SUV.
I don't want 7 seats either.
& seats ONLY on SE L an edition, whether you want them or NOT & I DON'T!
see below.

and for BORING colours etc.

#7 ·
Colin
My understanding from customer service!! is that the higher specs are all 7 seaters and that a 5 seater is not available on SEL or Edition.
I should very much like to be wrong.
I have had Yeti L&K and 3 Superbs in Elegance and L&K and do not want the added costs associated with the 7 seats when purchasing or running the vehicle
John

#8 ·
John.
You will see from the spec sheet above that, at present, the information is that the SE is a 5 seater but with the option of 7 seats for a cost.
The SE L and Edition are 7 seats, want them or not!
My dealer has pointed out (quite sensibly) that the extra cost of insurance on the SE L is due to the fact it is a much higher spec'd and more expensive car.
I have SE L Yeti and that is more costly to insure than the lower grades.
Dealer also says that there are no insurance groups published yet , nor the NCAP ratings, as far as the dealer network is concerned.
I must disagree with your comment regarding Customer service. I have always found them extremely helpful, but I agree, it does depend on who you speak to though. The best chap was John Good, but unfortunately he has retired. I have on one occasion had a less than helpful bloke. I find the girls I have spoken to are excellent. But you must speak as you find. I have a new 'Best friend' since John Good left and she is first class in her attitude and helpfulness.

#10 ·
I had decided to wait as patiently as possible for the Kodiaq but I am getting really fed up with their dictatorial attitude. Why can't 7 seats be an option across the range. Why force something on people that they don't want. The colours are cr@p and boring. To cap it all they are keeping us waiting since last April 'til we can actually get one!
To get what I want is going to cost me over £30K. Subaru Forester pre-reg with 50 miles on it gives me all I want ( Heated leather, big sun roof and HUGE boot, Kessy, electric tailgate blah, blah, blah) for £4,500 LESS and a decent colour!
I have only obliterated the plate so none of you can buy it first! :lol:

#11 ·
Skoda Marketing meeting notes on" price points/specs" has used the 7seats as justification for the price hike.
There was a lot of discussion on this but the low end spec/price was to be used as a "get them in" with a value hook
The need to get perceived as "value" the higher specs only reached the requirement if it had whistles and bells + 7 seats.
Not all the Skoda team are in agreement but are waiting to see

#12 ·
Well hopefully Skoda Management have the sense to read this web site, But I am waiting for the sound of 'oink,oink & flapping wings!
Also if & when the sale of compulsory 7 seaters bombs they may actually start listening to what the customer wants.
The 'Get them in' theory may well back fire on Skoda as far as I am concerned, it may 'get me out'!
See my previous post!

#14 ·
Not quite as good looking though.
Mind you it's all in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

FYI auto express has their first drive:

I still think it's worth the wait. Though frustrating.

#15 ·
Skoda UK speak---"Following customer feedback" !! ie "we may have got it wrong" there is now a 5 seat spec for all the top specs.
Such a shame since I have been conned into a 7 seat option to get a good spec. I have seen my vehicle but can not get my hands on it yet.
A lower towing spec, heavier than I need, higher insurance, lower MPG and now the "customer feedback" has at last changed their mind.
I am so disappointed with Skoda UK who have created this nonsense. They are not "flavour of the month here" but I gather that they have been given a very hard time by GMBH and VAG head office.
It is a malaise which has affected their publicity department as well as we have not got a brochure. The constant changes are driving the printers to distraction
They have been so tardy in giving details to the insurance boffins we do not have any data for our insurers.
It was said the Land Rover UK had the designs for the best range of vehicles from the basic Defender to the luxury Range Rover and that one day they will learn how to build them. Now they are being marketed by others who do have their act organised.
Skoda have the a superb range of reliable, value for money vehicles, one day they will work out how market them.
JR

#17 ·
mmmhhh configurator is offline for the kodiaq on UK website, right now.... Surprise for tomorrow morning, me think??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

#18 ·
Didn't go offline for me last night....And the configurator hasn't changed this morning.

#19 ·
OH YES IT HAS!!!! AND I AM EFFING ANGRY!!!!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

SIRIUS WHEELS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE EDITION!!!! AFTER MONTHS OF TELLING THEM IT WAS STUPID AND WRONG!!!! AND NOW I AM GETTING THESE AWFUL TRIGLAV WHEELS!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Back to skoda UK and my dealer. They will have to change my wheels... for free.

Attachments

#20 ·
OlivierW11 said:
Not quite as good looking though.
Mind you it's all in the eyes of the beholder I guess.

FYI auto express has their first drive:

I still think it's worth the wait. Though frustrating.
That video is about 3 months old. It is a Czech LHD.

#21 ·
NOPE!! You certainly are not. I have paid a grand more than I needed to to get the spec I wanted and for something which I will never ever use!

#22 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Well hopefully Skoda Management have the sense to read this web site, But I am waiting for the sound of 'oink,oink & flapping wings!
Also if & when the sale of compulsory 7 seaters bombs they may actually start listening to what the customer wants.
The 'Get them in' theory may well back fire on Skoda as far as I am concerned, it may 'get me out'!
See my previous post!
They don't! They don't like forums, so I am told. Because of all the rumours that abound. Perhaps if they were considerably more forthcoming with the FACTS that would allay the rumours.
This is from the horses mouth 5 minutes ago.
"They are thinking about a 5 seater SE L but there are no plans therefore no availability dates, for when a 5 seater SE L
may become available. So we poor sods that have wasted £1k on something we don't want will just have to put up with it!

#23 ·
OlivierW11 said:
OH YES IT HAS!!!! AND I AM EFFING ANGRY!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 08.36.11.png

SIRIUS WHEELS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE EDITION!!!! AFTER MONTHS OF TELLING THEM IT WAS STUPID AND WRONG!!!! AND NOW I AM GETTING THESE AWFUL TRIGLAV WHEELS!!!!
There were no changes to the configurator overnight. The Sirius wheels were an option foc from 16th March.

How do I know? I am building my car daily on the config to see if the costing is the same plus seeing if the early adopters are short changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.