• <t>No</t>

Votes: 3 30.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

When checking some interior pics of Scout and Sportline I've found a bottom part of the 9.2" Columbus that looks like a grid of proximity sensors?

I've also checked pics of new Golf interior and it has similar sensors below the screen - or it is just a CD/DVD entry slot?!?

What do you think?

Best regards, Roman

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
sw1000 said:
Gestures sounds like a disaster , hopefully it's better then the waving your foot under the rear of the car to open the boot...
Once you know how to do this (most people do it wrong to begin with) it works really well, you don't even need to be central or 'kick' dead straight.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
sw1000 said:
Gestures sounds like a disaster , hopefully it's better then the waving your foot under the rear of the car to open the boot...
Once you know how to do this (most people do it wrong to begin with) it works really well, you don't even need to be central or 'kick' dead straight.
agreed. Really happy i chose that option of virtual pedal! really easy and practical, when you carry kids and all their stuff, it comes really handy!

Re current Columbus, I am even amazed about the proximity thingy that pops extra menus the closer you get to the screen! I guess there are sensors hidden somewhere, but i just love the feature!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
sw1000 said:
Hopefully the kodiaq one is better then the Audi one, after 3 years of doing the correct motion it's still hit and miss. I usually just use the key to open the boot remotely now 🙂

The A6 is a 6 year old design now so it's probably been improved

·
Registered
60 Posts
I actually think it is quite bad that Skoda are penalising early buyers by changing the spec so soon after launch.
Why not incorporate it at launch, delay it or just put back the upgrades for 12 months?

I also heard that there may well be a fully digital display coming too!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't believe in virtual cockpit because it was never shown. And in case of Karoq it was said that it would arrive next year.

At lest 9,2" display has been seen in Geneve.

And model year changes once per year.

8" Columbus was a real f*** up. Why? Because 8" is Gen 1 and 9.2" is Gen 2. Like Amundsen: 6.5" was Gen 1 and 8" is Gen 2. They could at least wait till week 22.

Gen 2 will better, faster, with sharper display and like any new smartphone it will have more software updates.

·
Registered
221 Posts
grahamterry1000 said:
I actually think it is quite bad that Skoda are penalising early buyers by changing the spec so soon after launch.
Why not incorporate it at launch, delay it or just put back the upgrades for 12 months?

I also heard that there may well be a fully digital display coming too!
Whilst the gestures may look silly (I mean, definitely silly!) I can imagine it'll reduce the fingerprints of the infotainment screen a lot, specially the swipe actions.
Any one seen a nice screen protector for the Columbus?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts