Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi.

i have ordeted my kodiaq tdi 150 hp no 4x4. because of all the discussions about ban of diesel am i thinking of swapping it to a petrol. however i like diesel and your post indicates that adblue and euro6 is as clean as petrol. if buying a new kodiaq would you then go for the small petrol or still diesel. ?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
I would get a diesel over the 1.4's but consider the 2.0 TSI

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
My feelings on Derv are well known. The 1.4 DSG suits me fine and with the Racechip XLR the sprint off the line is fantastic.
The 2.0LTSi would be too thirsty for me and unnecessarily powerful. Don't forget I am an old pensioner!!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Oh Colin believe me if I could've gotten a 280PS Kodiaq I wouldn't have even thought of getting a diesel..

·
Registered
1 Posts
very useful information. Thanks.
I have the Skoda 2.0 TSI 4x4 2018 model. And I face a problem when I reached to 60,000 Km. I am facing a transmission problem when I drive more than ~1 hr. I get an emergency message which tells me that an error with the transmission show up, and I am allowed to continue the driving.in actual, the gear is ether running on odd gears (2,4,6) or sometime stuck on gear # 2 only. after I shut down the engine and wait 15-20 min. I start the engine and the system operates normally. However, if I have to drive long the problem repeats more often. after a long stope (few hrs) it gets to the point before the long drive. From my understanding it related to the gear temperature (when the weather it very hot it happens more frequently). when the dealer scanned the stored error it show error # "P173500 - position sensor for clutch 1 electrical malfunction" the dealer says the ECU of the mechatronic should be replaced. From some internet search I understand it is quite common and replacing the ECU might solve the problem fore short time. So the DQ500 is not yet very reliable, probably still suffer from technical problems which the company doesn't take the responsibility on it.
I wonder if someone faced such a problem and what is the correction action to solve it.

Haim
[email protected]

21 - 26 of 26 Posts