1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
140 Posts
Extaely what I think.... I have only got it because it's a brand spanking new car.

In September I brought a 5 year old high spec mini convertible for my wife. In January I had a serious accident in the car while in thick fog which fractured my spine.
When I went to claim the fist question they asked was "do you have gap insurance?" which I didn't have.
They then offered me £2k less than what I paid for it. As you would expect I argued the toss and sent them comparable cars and a copy of the mini invoice from Mini.
They raised the offer by £650 but would go no further!
So I explained I was stuck in bed and had a lot of time on my hands and the industry standard is a local car like for like replacement.
Well after 2 more weeks of talking and negotiating they offered me £50 less that what I had originally paid and admitted they rely on GAP and value by the trade prices in Glasses guide.
Gap Is I my eyes only good for brand new and I'll never pay the full whack for it dealers will half the price just to set the sale.
Just tell the salesman you can get it cheaper online and the price will come down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts