Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Following the various conversation on separate threads regarding activation of the full TJA functionality, for anyone with Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Guidance, and a DSG gearbox.....

Many people may not realise you don't currently have the full TJA functionality.....that caught me out as well.....but if you are in ACC mode, and your green lane guidance symbols turn Amber under 65kph then you do NOT have the full TJA functionality enabled.

I booked mine in to dealers today and briefed them on the issue (they weren't aware) but on investigating THERE IS NOW A RECENTLY PUBLISHED SERVICE BULLETIN FOR UK DEALERS FOR THIS ISSUE!!

Service campaign reference is 97CN.

Mine was installed today. I've not had a chance to test it yet but I'm assured it's been tested and now works.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks for getting the campaign reference number, my dealer said last week it had only just come out :)

Mine goes in on Tuesday for this :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
could you confirm how TJA assist is supposed to work please.

To get it to work, with active lane guidance on and the lane assist symbol green, do you have to activate cruise control while traveling over 65km/h? If so, does that mean if the traffic on your commute never goes over 65km/h, you can't activate TJA? Or am i interpreting it wrong?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Bugger, apparently Adaptive Lane Guidance cannot be retroactively fitted to the car so there's no chance of me getting TJA...

Glad you guys are getting the full TJA system though!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Zach said:
Bugger, apparently Adaptive Lane Guidance cannot be retroactively fitted to the car so there's no chance of me getting TJA...

Hi Zach, My Style has Adaptive Cruise control and lane Guidance so cannot see any reason why we cant get TJA. Does your style have lower specs? I thought all Styles came with those features as standard.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sclyde2 said:
could you confirm how TJA assist is supposed to work please.

To get it to work, with active lane guidance on and the lane assist symbol green, do you have to activate cruise control while traveling over 65km/h? If so, does that mean if the traffic on your commute never goes over 65km/h, you can't activate TJA? Or am i interpreting it wrong?
No, you can activate it at any speed once TJA is properly activated.

ACC will work at any speed (above or below 65kph). The difference is that ALG wasn't fully kicking in when it should have done below 65kph.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Kiwi Kodiaqer said:
Zach said:

Hi Zach, My Style has Adaptive Cruise control and lane Guidance so cannot see any reason why we cant get TJA. Does your style have lower specs? I thought all Styles came with those features as standard.
You have Adaptive Lane Guidance? I thought we only get Lane Assist and no ALG. There's 3 types of Lane Assist: LA without Adaptive Lane Guidance, ALG that only works over 65kph and ALG the also works under 65kph for TJA.

"Unfortunately there are some technologies that are not automatically approved for countries outside of Europe and Adaptive Lane Guidance is one of these.

It is due to the different road markings, signposts, reflectors etc., that would require ŠKODA Auto engineers to do real world testing in New Zealand to be able to certify these technologies.

I am sure you are wondering but there is no approved way to activate this technology retroactivity so your car could not be altered if the technology is approved at a later date."

Needless to say I was disappointed as Aus gets it but not us. Safety first however when it comes to this kind of technology...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got answer from my local Skoda representative in Slovenia, that they also received update and tht it can be done in max 30 minutes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Had the update done today and TJA is now definitely working :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
andyvee said:
Had the update done today and TJA is now definitely working :)
After mine was updated last week, I've just done a 500 mile round trip, mostly motorway, with bits of stationery / stop-start traffic......and yes, TJA working as intended!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep, I tried turning ALG off today and it disables TJA. So despite what some of the Superb 3 owners were saying on Briskoda, ALG does have to be enabled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lane Assist also appears to work occasionally on mine when in Orange also. But always operates correctly at any speed when engaged and is Green.
Hey Zach do you have lines marked on edge of your roads. I seem to recall you do. Then ALA will work.

·
Registered
221 Posts
andyvee said:
Yep, I tried turning ALG off today and it disables TJA. So despite what some of the Superb 3 owners were saying on Briskoda, ALG does have to be enabled.
Hey Andyvee
Im asking Skoda to get my car applied with 97CN before I collect it (I don't need to go there again later) but Im being asked to get a print of it, maybe they can't find it in their system...
Do you know where the service campaign 97CN can be found online?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
407 Posts
It is an internal Skoda Service Campaign reference - if they can't find it on Skoda's internal systems then maybe it isn't applicable to Eire?

·
Registered
221 Posts
andyvee said:
It is an internal Skoda Service Campaign reference - if they can't find it on Skoda's internal systems then maybe it isn't applicable to Eire?
Hi
Yeah was told it isn't applicable in ireland - why I don't know. But I'm wondering if it's TJA in itself or the service update only.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mmmm - sounds like they may not have specced TJA as standard then as from what I can gather there are quite a few cars affected, I believe a similar campaign is/was in place for Superb 3 as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
daveskis said:
Lane Assist also appears to work occasionally on mine when in Orange also. But always operates correctly at any speed when engaged and is Green.
Hey Zach do you have lines marked on edge of your roads. I seem to recall you do. Then ALA will work.
In NZ ALG is disabled for whatever reason and thus TJA. I thinks its f***ing stupid because the Tiguan here has TJA!

1 - 20 of 151 Posts