Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has abyone sucessfully got their phone to mirror full screen and all apps on Valero radio on new Kodiak. I have galaxy s8?

Thanks

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think you can do that. You can connect via Android Auto and certain apps are optimised for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You definitely can't mirror on Apple Car Play - sadly Apple don't allow it, again just the basic lay out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi quickmotor. I had a play with two different Columbus infotainment kits at dealer ( Not got my K yet). One kit in Kodiaq one in dealers new Octavia. He set up his iPhone first. Looked ok. I wanted to try my Samsung S7 edge with mirroring or Android auto. Android auto worked ok but don't like the white bars that are 'menu' items in lieu of icons like the iPhone interface. Looks like Samsung has dropped the Mirrorlink on its new fones after about S5. Saw a chap on YouTube experimenting with an LG app on S7. Installed it and tried to get mirroring but it sort of did for a fraction of a second then bombed out. So using the LG app to mirror almost worked. Youtube was an eastern European bloke (not on this forum) so i couldn't get full meaning. Google S7 mirroring on infotainment. If i find it again I'll post link. Next thing i intend to try is a Galaxy app (from Samsung Galaxy app store) called 'Car Mode'. Looks promising but not tried it yet. Might give the same functionality as iPhone app with big icons and voice input button.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
quickmotor - this is the workaround, will be interesting to try it out. Needs Samsung Galaxy app CarMode, also LG Mirrordrive App and another called 'Button Saviour' (never heard of it?). Looks like Button Saviour provides the on screen menu bar which emulates the Samsung phones Home and back buttons on the infotainment screen when mirroring.
I will try it out when I get new car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This was the eastern European gentleman on YouTube that put me on to the LG Mirrordrive App.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since posting this I have actually tried all the above. Unfortunately no success. Lg mirror app doesn't like that it's installed on a Samsung so doesn't activate on radio screen. Car mode works just like morrow link but can work without being connected by USB. Google maps etc work well. Your restricted thought to using Google Play music for streaming. Would have been nice to be able to play the odd video for the kids if they were sitting in the car. Maybe someone will crack how to do it sometime. 1000km on the car now in a week and still unable to find any cons with it compared to my 2014 santa fe we used to have.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
quickmotor said:
Since posting this I have actually tried all the above. Unfortunately no success. Lg mirror app doesn't like that it's installed on a Samsung so doesn't activate on radio screen. Car mode works just like morrow link but can work without being connected by USB. Google maps etc work well. Your restricted thought to using Google Play music for streaming. Would have been nice to be able to play the odd video for the kids if they were sitting in the car. Maybe someone will crack how to do it sometime. 1000km on the car now in a week and still unable to find any cons with it compared to my 2014 santa fe we used to have.
Spotify and Amazon music work too. And Google Waze can work instead of Google maps. Videos are purposefully disabled when driving because of distraction it can cause to the driver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts