Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered something I had not seen before.
If you scroll through the MFD When you have Consumption/speed/oil temp etc you will find fuel consumption on A/C.
I always thought the A/C/ pump was electric on modern cars and used very little fuel, but at 71F with A/C on it uses 1 pint an hour. So drive for 8 hours and you have wasted over £6!!!
Whilst on A/C, has anybody noticed that it is a long way from being really cold? Certainly nowhere near as good as the Yeti A/C
Also Screen washer 'fan' spray is pretty pathetic again compared to the Yeti and drivers side is even more feeble than the passengers.

G

·
Colin Lambert said:
Whilst on A/C, has anybody noticed that it is a long way from being really cold? Certainly nowhere near as good as the Yeti A/C
Assuming this setting also exists on the Kodiaq ( have it on my octavia ) , what setting are you on for A/C strength ? ( Light / Medium / High(est) )
If you press the menu button on the A/C controller , you should see this menu on the infotainment screen

·
Registered
314 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Also Screen washer 'fan' spray is pretty pathetic again compared to the Yeti and drivers side is even more feeble than the passengers.
Looks like they are using the same washers fitted to the Superb then :roll:

Loads of us have fitted fan jet nozzles from a Passat.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vico1612 said:
Colin Lambert said:
Assuming this setting also exists on the Kodiaq ( have it on my octavia ) , what setting are you on for A/C strength ? ( Light / Medium / High(est) )
If you press the menu button on the A/C controller , you should see this menu on the infotainment screen
Thanks Vico.
I don't get any choice for light/medium/high(est) when I press the heater control menu button. It just replicates all the manual controls with touch screen.
Mind you I am driving in 'E" which turns a lot of things off, so Tomorrow I will up the driving mode a notch and see if that gives me any options.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gizmo68 said:
Colin Lambert said:

How do you get the nozzles off the Kodiaq bonnet? I can only see one screw which adjusts the angle of spray (dribble)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
Gizmo68 said:
Colin Lambert said:

How do you get the nozzles off the Kodiaq bonnet? I can only see one screw which adjusts the angle of spray (dribble)
I didn't look at them at the weekend but I suspect they are the same as many other VAG cars and they just unclip, from the side opposite to the nozzle exit, mine popped out easily with a trim tool.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Colin Lambert said:
.. but at 71F with A/C on it uses 1 pint an hour. So drive for 8 hours and you have wasted over £6!!!
Colin, curious as to how much that translate to in mpg? I mean how much of a hit does the A/C cause in the overall MPG? Also, does the A/C seem to affect the engine performance/ overtaking?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Depends on your speed I suppose. It was a pint an hour not mpg on the MFD @ 71f. Running on 'Eco' which apparently does not make for an icy blast.
Presumably the colder the A/C the more fuel it will use.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Gizmo. I'll have look tomorrow & see if I can pop them out.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Solved (the A/C Q) running on 'E' Stops the A/C from getting really chilly. Running on normal will freeze your nuts off!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nothing worse than frozen nuts....I suppose you could turn the heated seats on to warm them up again though Colin.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No Actual figures, But when using engine driven A/C the fuel consumption suffered noticeably (can't remember what car it was.
On theYetis with electric A/C compressor it didn't seem to make any difference.
i would assume that the energy required to run a compressor directly from the engine via a belt would be considerably more than the extra load on the alternator having to run the compressor.
Anybody with more knowledge than I have know the answer?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't really care either, I just thought it was mildly interesting to have a car that actually tells you what the A/C is consuming.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts