Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm finding it so frustrating trying to configure the Kodiaq of my dreams. :x
If im going to order a brand new car i want what i want but Skoda wont let me have it my way

i quite like the sportline but i cant have leather seats with it

so i go to the edition which isn't as pretty but a fair bit cheaper but i cant order big anthracite wheels and iv'e read it can be pretty pricey to have them fitted at dealership

and the choices become worse the lower the spec you go

anyone else upset by these limitations? any ways around them?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Have you looked at the seats? The alcantara is very nice, it's worth a look. I'd have it ahead of leather anyday. Seems a shame to anguish over another option because of that.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have beige alcantara in my Jungle green. I think it looks fantastic. And alcantara is tough stuff. you can scrub it. wash it (without soaking it obviously!)
The only thing is. If you wear cord trousers you stick to alcantara like velcro! Mind you jolly good for fast cornering! :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts
After an unfortunate window incident on the wettest night of the year so far, I can confirm that the alcantara still looks amazing after being totally soaked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

interesting replies

i have 2 toddlers and i was under the impression alacantra was a no no for messy children who will be eating in the car and getting their muddy feet all over

can all that be scrubbed out of alacantra??

·
Registered
421 Posts
Professor said:
thanks

interesting replies

i have 2 toddlers and i was under the impression alacantra was a no no for messy children who will be eating in the car and getting their muddy feet all over

I've had my car for 4 months with a 3 year old and I can't say I've had any issues. Ironically though, he leaves more noticeable footprints on the leather trim. As much as I wanted it I avoided the cream/beige interior.

Edit: A thought though, if you're planning to let your kids watch TV shows on tablets in the back be aware that Skoda's tablet holder can't be used in the Sportline due to the sports seats in the front. The larger 20" wheels are going to make it a slightly bumpier ride for them as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Professor said:
thanks

interesting replies

When I had full leather in my old car the kids seats left marks, so bought some seat protectors off amazon, moved them onto my Kodiaq work a treat .

·
Registered
141 Posts
Gwynvor said:
Professor said:
thanks

interesting replies

When I had full leather in my old car the kids seats left marks, so bought some seat protectors off amazon, moved them onto my Kodiaq work a treat .
Good idea, do you have a link to the product or similar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alacantra all the way. Have gone from all leather on 4 series to the Kodiaq and much prefer it. Kids getting in from football muddy easy to clean.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shocks said:
Gwynvor said:
Professor said:
thanks

interesting replies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Car-Seat-Protector-2-Pack-Products/dp/B01F8F605U/ref=zg_bs_1895798031_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QX6NBAXNE62KSKANHT07

·
Registered
137 Posts
Gwynvor said:
Shocks said:
Gwynvor said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Car-Seat-Protector-2-Pack-Products/dp/B01F8F605U/ref=zg_bs_1895798031_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QX6NBAXNE62KSKANHT07
I've got these and they seem to be pretty good.

I also have : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QQM6X20 on the backs of the front seats.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When my kids were young, I had a car with beige leather seats. It was a nightmare keeping them clean (the seats and the kids). I did use a seat protector, but didn't find it that great. Random bits of food, crumbs, liquids etc can get under the edge of the protector, where it's out of sight and just sits on the seat for months (unless you lift the seats and protector out every time you clean the car). That wasn't great for the leather. Plus, having a seat ratcheted in hard against the leather by the ISOFIX stretched the leather where the pressure points of the seat were, and left permanent marks. And this was decent leather on a BMW.

So my vote is always for Alcantara now. We much prefer it to the so called premium notion of full leather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts