Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2019 Kodiaq sportline. TDI 150 4X4 DSG
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an issue with front wipers.

Stalk set to off, but front wipers randomly activate, even when it is completely sunny 馃尀

Registered
They shouldn't operate when set to off.

When it's sunny - what happens is when flies hit the windscreen, the rain sensor thinks it's raindrops, hence the wipers come on. Are you defo sure the wipers are completely turned off and not just set to auto-wipe?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
W
They shouldn't operate when set to off.

When it's sunny - what happens is when flies hit the windscreen, the rain sensor thinks it's raindrops, hence the wipers come on. Are you defo sure the wipers are completely turned off and not just set to auto-wipe?
Wipers stalk set to off, and auto wipers disabled on the computer.

Registered
Sounds like a fault with the stalk where it senses (erroneously) that you've pressed down for a single wipe. Is it related to driving over potholes or speed bumps?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a fault with the stalk where it senses (erroneously) that you've pressed down for a single wipe. Is it related to driving over potholes or speed bumps?
This is what I was thinking, generally happens on a bump or sharp turn of the wheel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To keep the thread updated, I took the steering wheel off, cleaned all the stalk connectors with contract cleaner spray, and blasted compressed air into the stalk. Blew loads of dust out.

Refitted everything and the problem has not reoccurred!

Mine is a 19 plate 2.0 TDI 150 4x4 with 65k miles, so maybe a future common fault once a few hit this milage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts