Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kodiaq went in to the workshop today to rectify a bit of loose trim on the front wing. For those unaware, it's a well documented problem which becomes apparent when mud flaps are fitted.

They got halfway through the repair before realising they didn't have the "special adhesive" and aborted the repair. Apparently there are so many of these repairs happening, they are running out of this adhesive nationwide and it's on backorder.

Anyone else had theirs done recently?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Special adhesive my arse - 2 part epoxy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
3m adhesive tape.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
For whatever reason parts have to be ordered in from Skoda CZ for mine...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unfortunately, without uninstalling mud flaps this is only quick fix and the trim will get loose again. My trim was "repaired" and after a week there was already a new gap. The mudflaps have design flaw and when installed are pulling the trim away from the body. No double side tape will take this kinda stress. The trim should be mounted using some clips like a bumber.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mud flaps may exasperate the problem, but mine is doing the same and I don't have mudflaps fitted to the car.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Have you gotten your car fixed? They fixed everything but the front wing trims...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mines due to go in on the 2nd Dec. I will check if they have the part before I head over there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem, I have a business grey 1.4TSI 4*4 DSG 7seater. I ordered the mud flaps as part of the protection pack. It has been back to the dealer three times with this issue (both sides at the front coming detached). It took 7 weeks to finally get resolved and was delayed by my local dealer having to order new trims (although I appreciate the service manager being honest rather than just attempt a quick repair). I have contacted Skoda customer services and Skoda financial services, who took the matter seriously and liaised with the dealer on my behalf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts