Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning!

I was looking at fitting the mud guards today. Fitting the rear ones were ok but I didn't realise it was freezing today and now have claws in place of hands.

Front mud guard instructions are a bit vague but looks like the plastic lining in the wheel arch needs to be cut. I don't really want to start taking the knife to a brand new car esp. with my stellar diy skills.

I was looking at modifying the mud guard itself so that it will fit the arch. It feels breaking off the protruding bit on the mud guard where the clamps are to be used should be enough for it be fitted without cutting the trim off? That'd mean it will be secured by only three screws but it looks solid enough on screws for the rear mud guards.

Could some who has done this advise please.

Thanks,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I went ahead and did it, for science and mankind :)

Cut out the projection for clamp from the mud guard. The plastic is very soft and only had to make a deep cut and bend it off.

Fit into the arch similar to rear wheels. Used the left over screw to secure the third hole instead of the push pin.

Feels sturdy and secure enough and the car looks even more handsome with the guards. :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well done for attempting diy. There is a guide in the interior/exterior section: https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=539

I did my own installation and found it okay; it just asks the question why they didn't mould things to just be screwed in, instead of having to trim some excess off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I came upon this guide in briskoda forum but didn't realise it was posted here as well.

I didn't want to cut the car trim as instructed in the manual. Cutting the flap was an option much easier sell to the wife and execute.

I suppose there's a higher chance of breakage or screws coming of the arch if the flaps snag to something without it being secure from behind. But with the SUV clearance, risk is low enough for us as we potter around London.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts