Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I thought front assist was autonomous braking, which this video doesn't show????

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have noticed that there are those who say their brake assist is not working. Just wondering if any of those have failed to switch it onin the options. Only asking because I switched on various functions earlier today of which this was one and I believe that the assist thought it saw something in a slight dip at near side of the road which was shaded. Emergency braking was activated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Twice now the front assist braking has been activated, when it wasn't actually needed. Same scenario both times - negotiating a tight right hand bend with bushes near edge of road. A bit disconcerting.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Check your settings.
Mine never actually braked but the warning 'bleep' was set off by almost anything including street 'furniture'
I had mine set to 'furthest'. Try setting it to 'medium' it may solve the problem. It stopped the constant irritating 'bleating' on my car.
If it doesn't, I would go back to the dealer. Unwarranted sudden braking is really dangerous. I know the chap that hits you up the bum is legally at fault, but that is not much consolation to having your pride & joy smashed up and in the body shop for the duration.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks Colin - will do

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine went off on tight country road but no braking. What really got me was car steering itself along motorway, lane assist. Called the dealer the first time steering went funny and he explained. Amazing bit of kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts