Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put the 'phone down after a call from my 'best friend' in Skoda Executive Office.
I now have some details officially.

1. Any registered cars seen running around are purely PRESS cars. It is a mandatory instruction from 'The Factory' that Skoda U.K. MUST have a fleet available for the Motoring Press BEFORE launch otherwise the launch would not be allowed. So it is completely out of SUKs hands.

2. Registrations BEFORE~ 6th APRIL. The ban has NOT been lifted NO CARS Dealers or customers will be registered before 6th April. Again this is mandated by 'The Factory' Nothing to do with SUK and therefore beyond their control

3. Hold ups and deliveries. Not all the ships from EMDEN are the sole carriers for VAG vehicles. So numbers of Kodiaqs allowed on board may be fewer than would be liked.
On VAG only transport. Big Brother VW has the lions share, followed by Audi then Skoda & SEAT get the two hind t*ts.

4. Wheels. Again this is decided by 'The Factory'. SUK have no say in the matter.

They (SUK) are trying desperately to get all the 'early adopters' cars here, on dealer sites, by 5th but there is no guarantee.

Any customers cars that have arrived is a mistake, presumably of staff at Emden, they have 'escaped'!
They will NOT be handed over until the launch.

In defence of `SUK' it should be pointed out that they are not actually SKODA*. They are only the importers and therefore hidebound by all the edicts of 'BIG BROTHER'. (*most foreign makes in this country are not the actual manufacturer. Mitsubishi, for example used to be called 'Colt Cars' for many years but then called themselves Mitsubishi U.K. but they are NOT part of the Mitsubishi Corporation) .

I now feel that I understand the situation better and I hope the above information helps clear up the misunderstandings and frustrations felt by some members of the forum, espeically the very early adopters.

Personally I feel that half the misinformation that has abounded could be the fault of Skoda dealer management not passing on information to the lower orders of their sales staff.
SUK keep dealer management regularly updated with delivery times, hold-ups with shipping and order progressions etc,etc.

I have a very good relationship with the lady in SUK EO and I am quite happy that she has not been spinning a line or trying to divert 'flak'.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's bad not because of the decisions they make but because of the way the info filters through randomly. You've chased your dealer and suk im not like that, but I'm glad you have because my dealer has only contacted me once since I ordered. That was to give me a build week (week 12) which has been and gone and no further advice. To them it's all trivial, but they should realise how keen their customers are and they just don't.

The cars will come when they come and no amount of chasing or otherwise will change it. I accept that, and that's why I leave the chasing to you guys. but surely it would be easy to keep everyone happy just by giving accurate information. Just a glance at this forum shows how many future sales they may lose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Colin,

Not sure your information is right?

I'm collecting my car at 4pm on Wednesday. All agreed and confirmed with my dealer at 18.35 this evening,

I'll post a picture with my car and some form of date stamp for you when I get it!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I questioned her repeatedly on the registration issue and she was adamant. I can say no more. If she's correct. Your dealer will be in deep manure if Skoda find out. Once you have the keys in your hand, ask them how they managed it against Skodas explicit instructions. I wold love to know what they say! So I am sure would the others on the forum.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As frustrating as waiting is, I think a modicum of calming down is needed. I agree it's not been a smooth model launch. Can I do much about it? No. For those that get their cars soon, congrats. I just have to wait my turn as I wasn't brave enough to order last year and waited until February.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts