Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could the lucky ones,who have received or about to receive, let the less fortunate of us know how long from order to delivery their Kodiaq took.

Dates, location and spec would be very useful too

Ordered. 2.0 150 2wd Edition, heated windscreen, rear passenger airbags and front sensors on 3/4 2017. Belfast

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered 23rd February, collecting on Monday (22nd May).
Some extras, towbar, heated rear seats, ambient lighting, front sensors.
Original estimate was build week 20 (15-21 May) with delivery 4-5 weeks later. This fell to week 16 then confirmed as week 14 (3-9 April)
Biggest delay seems to be when the car was in Emden Germany waiting for transport to UK.
(I am in Northern Ireland so my car had an additional journey across the Irish Sea)
My dealer has been in regular contact as to the progress of the car.

Edited this as I had put wrong month in for build. Car build was 3-9 April NOT May as I originally had.

·
Registered
617 Posts
3-9 May is build week 18 I believe. Given that you're collecting next week means the build week would have been earlier than 3-9 May (on an average, people are waiting for around 4 to 5 weeks from build week to delivery).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bigboss,
You are quite right about my build! I put May in by mistake, build was week 14, early April!

Above post edited

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Ordered 20th December (cock-up on Skoda ordering system) dealer could not get it into system until 1st week January. picked it up on 6th April. Which was as early as was allowed unless you bought from Simpsons who flagrantly disobeyed SUK's orders not to let them free until 6/4/17.

I think, reading the comments on Simpsons on this forum that I am extremely glad I have never had anything to do with them. They seem to be the most complained about dealer here, especially regarding lack of communications. Perhaps they should 'consider their position' as they say in public office!
Only goes to prove my long held belief that privately owned family garages beat large groups hands down, more often than not.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've never had a problem with Simpson Skoda. Communication is excellent, and IS a family owned garage. I think they may have grown too quickly/too popular, that the guys cannot keep up. Always gone the extra mile for me. I can only go on my own experience.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I'm glad to hear that! Not good hearing bad things about any Skoda dealer. I know SUK are pretty annoyed that some Simpsons let Ks go before the 6th April.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Called in to dealer today to find my salesman has quit, no wonder I'd had no response to emails. Anyway new salesman has given me build week 23with delivery 4 weeks later so should have 1st 2nd week July.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ordered 10th of Feb and collected yesterday, 17th of May. Arrived at dealer last Thursday and could have collected from last Friday, 12th May so 13 weeks in total. Great Service from Mitchell Group in Cheshire Oaks with constant updates along the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It has arrived :D rang skoda and I was told car has arrived at the dealer and I need to sign documents blah blah blah, picking the car up on Wednesday. Obviously went to see it :lol: Total wait 12 weeks :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ordered 30th March
Build week 18
At dealers 25th May
Can collect from 31st May
From order to collection in 9 weeks
Very impressed :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine was ordered on 09/ 02/17 collecting May 30, so about 4 (long) months. Build week 16
I have seen it at the dealer. Collect next Tuesday AM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered mine on 3rd March, taking delivery on 30th May so 11 weeks from order which I think is very reasonable.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have some bad news for orders with DSG and good news for other orders. On German forum a guy from Switzerland posted that email that he had received (Google translated):

'ŠKODA Disposition: KODIAQ Delivery situation

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen

The advance sale and the launch of the new KODIAQ were a complete success. The huge demand for the KODIAQ is extremely pleasing and shows that we have the right offer for our customers with our new SUV models.

This extraordinary success and the large number of orders lead, unfortunately, to partly very long delivery periods. In addition, the DSG transmissions for the 2.0 TSI 180 hp as well as 2.0 TDI 150 hp and 190 hp engines are subject to severe restrictions due to supplier bottlenecks. These delivery bottlenecks are expected to be fixed by production week 29/2017. Up to this point, only isolated vehicles are built with these engine / gearbox combinations.
In order to improve the situation and reduce the order backlog, we have defined the following measures with the manufacturer.

1) Until and with KW 21/2017 only customer orders are ordered according to the date of order in ascending order. The above-mentioned restrictions, however, lead to individual vehicles with a later order date, which however have a buildable engine / transmission combination. This is necessary so that we do not lose production places.

2) In KW 22 and 23/2017 only warehousing vehicles are planned for production. Partners with a yearly target up to and with 150 vehicles receive 1 storage vehicle

3) From KW 24 up to the factory holidays in KW 27/28 customer orders will be reduced as per point 1.

Once these measures have been completed, we will inform you about the next steps.

Please note that there are no restrictions for vehicles with manual transmission and the 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG and the vehicles can be partly scheduled in time.

We would like to wish you a lot of success with the new KODIAQ and will be glad to answer your questions.

With kind regards
AMAG Automotive and Engines Ltd, Dispo Skoda'

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's worrying. My 2.0TSi 180 was given kw20, this then got put back to 21 and I was advised last week by SUK that it's now due to be built this week, which is kw22. Not sure whether the post is for lhd versions only or for all but I will find out this week

1 - 20 of 180 Posts