Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have included the folding tables but have a week or so before options are locked in so would be grateful to hear from those who have their cars with this option. We have three under 5s so anything that helps is welcome but would like to hear others' views on usefulness/build quality.

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Hello,

Have a 4yo and and 2yo. The kids use them, particularly for holding their drinks. Not broken yet (after almost 3 months).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
The K I test drove had these and the build quality is not bad. The are stable and easily operated. My concerns would possible be, in terms of age of the youngsters that they might be too high up or perhaps even too far away depending on how far towards the steering wheel the driver sets the seat. The passenger side can obviously compensate for the distance with a little more agility :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Jersey Boy said:
Hello all

I have included the folding tables but have a week or so before options are locked in so would be grateful to hear from those who have their cars with this option. We have three under 5s so anything that helps is welcome but would like to hear others' views on usefulness/build quality.

Thanks in advance.
I had the airliner style tray tables on the last car (Citroen C4GP) and we used them a lot. This Kodiaq doesn't have them but it does have a table (with deep cup holders) that folds down out of the middle seat and this has been more than adequate. That said: we only have 2 kids so I'm guessing your middle seat will be occupied with a childseat - which would make the tray tables really useful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I had them on my previous Ford Galaxy, and found having to move the rear seats closer to the table for my kids to use them. 7 and 5 year old girls. They used it to eat, place their drink and do some drawing on paper etc whilst travelling. Practically for the girls it was great.

And when not is use having to then moving their seats back when not needed which was more then the need of actually using them. Move the seats back so that they had room for their legs etc and not feel crushed up to the front seats.

It didnt take long to move seats back and fore, and was at times a ball ache of remembering to do, especially if you forgot and started driving and then the kids moaning they cant reach. Having to stop, move the seats and then set off again.

Although we decided not to get it on the K, purely as overall they didn't use it that much. Also, I didn't want the mess that the Galaxy had from the kids eating in the car in the new car, and also the middle seat has a fold down arm with drink holders which replaced the need for the table.

Picking my car up next week, and recently I have considered did i make a mistake in not ordering them, anyway its too late to change now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Raffa said:
Also, I didn't want the mess that the Galaxy had from the kids eating in the car in the new car, and also the middle seat has a fold down arm with drink holders which replaced the need for the table.
Ahahahahahaha! absolutely this. I used to call my car 'the mobile midden' and apologize for the state of it when transporting clients/colleagues. I have been trying to impress upon my two boys the need for keeping the Kodiaq as clean as possible... The middle seat table has been a perfectly adequate replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
dalglir said:
Raffa said:
Also, I didn't want the mess that the Galaxy had from the kids eating in the car in the new car, and also the middle seat has a fold down arm with drink holders which replaced the need for the table.
Ahahahahahaha! absolutely this. I used to call my car 'the mobile midden' and apologize for the state of it when transporting clients/colleagues. I have been trying to impress upon my two boys the need for keeping the Kodiaq as clean as possible... The middle seat table has been a perfectly adequate replacement.
I used to keep it clean as best as could, but when the missus took the kids out it was always a mess. Crisps etc werent to bad to clean up, but finding half eaten haribo's or lolly pops stuck to the carpet or even melted down during the summer was not the best lol.

Glad to hear the middle rest is adequate for yours, hopefully be the same for me when I pick it up Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a related note - does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced dust buster to clear all that (inevitable!) mess?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top