Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had our Kodiaq for a month now, love it in so many ways, but have encountered one thing i cant suss out.

Have happily been to IKEA and used the folding middle seat of the middle row to carry a long load between two kids seats - excellent!

However subsequently I've tried to fold the outer seat (drivers side) flat to make way for something larger and i cant get it to fold more than ~45 degrees, its well clear of the front seats but seems to stop very solidly at that point and feels like it wont fold anywhere near flat like the centre section. Should add I haven't tried the passenger side one yet. W

e didn't opt for the remote folding of rear seats presuming that just made it possible from the boot as well as from the front. Am i missing something obvious or has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Try folding it using the strap at waist height rather than the shoulder handle.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As above. Don't touch the upper lever. Just pull the strap close to outer isofix point and seat will go flat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all - finally got it working, was releasing it from the shoulder first and then the lower strap made no difference. Starting from that strap clearly unlocked something in the hinge and it folded just like that!

Never encountered such a mechanism before. Now i reread the manual the instructions are completely clear and i feel like a mug! Ill claim prior experience of older hatchbacks only having the shoulder release catch has blocked my ability to be receptive to anything new!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was just about to post the same problem before searching the forum for an answer. That two people feeling like Mugs! 😳😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts