Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found how to adjust my headlights for driving in Europe but how do I adjust my fog lights for left hand driving?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Germany. Unfortunately you can't switch the fog on the rear led lights. I had to buy a new cluster and then got a mate to run a wire from the right hand light to the left. New cluster is €165 brand new from Skoda.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply Clarets927. I suspect we live in the same area. Which garage did you order from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got it through the Thiel Skoda garage in Schloss Neuhaus, near Paderborn.

Part number is 565945307B

·
Registered
175 Posts
CCM said:
I have found how to adjust my headlights for driving in Europe but how do I adjust my fog lights for left hand driving?
Damn - that's a New One on me.
Who would have thought rear fog lights are directional? (- and Why?) I'll reverse to near a wall and try them out sometime when it's dark and I'm sober!

·
Registered
137 Posts
KodiaqPetrolHead said:
CCM said:
Damn - that's a New One on me.
Who would have thought rear fog lights are directional? (- and Why?) I'll reverse to near a wall and try them out sometime when it's dark and I'm sober!
They aren't directional there is only one. Right hand side for UK and left for rest of Europe I would suspect.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Plodd said:
They aren't directional there is only one. Right hand side for UK and left for rest of Europe I would suspect.
Ah yes, I see.
I hardly ever use fog lights (and detest following cars with them on unnecessarily) but have to say I find ONE rear fog light ambiguous whatever country I'm in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CCM, you say you've found out how to adjust the headlamps for European driving, but don't give any hints.

Please enlighten us, as I've hunted everywhere and failed.

I leave for France in a couple of weeks and it would be a great help if you'd be so kind.

Rgds.

Tim.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
In the CAR menu, tap the cogs for settings, then tap on 'Light'. There you can activate Travel Mode. Doesn't do much though - in this mode, no automatic beam adjustment is made ahead of the vehicle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally the only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact they've cut costs and only fitted one rear fog light.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Isn't one rear foglight standard?
So you don't confuse it with breaklights..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Zach,
Unfortunately, I don't have that feature in my settings menu. Although it is listed in my handbook, it's something I can't access. But would that remove the rise in the the headlamp beam to my nearside? it's that I'm trying to eliminate. By the looks of things, "Travel Mode" wouldn't actually do that.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
It's only available if you have the LED headlights

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not to save money, the fog light on the rear should be on the drivers side to show the outer extremity apparently, my OCD prefers 2 though

1 - 14 of 14 Posts