Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have managed to fit the front dashcam easily using advice from this forum (many thanks) but the rear camera is defeating me.
I have routed the signal wire to the boot area but have struggled to find a way into the gaiter for the boot wiring. Also could do with advice re locating a power feed that is ignition controlled in the boot area.
Has anyone been brave enough to do this job? 馃槱

Premium Member
What do you mean by the signal wire? (power??)
The rear wiper or brake lights are ignition controlled but how the hell you get to them I don't know.
It may be simpler to run a lead from the camera to the front fuse box and using a 'piggy back' go into an ignition controlled fuse at the front.
I'm sure you could hide it under the carpet somewhere.
I had thought of fitting my spare camera to the rear but have not got round to it yet.
Please let us all know if you succeed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply Collin, the signal wire is the one that runs from the front dashcam to the rear, I have considered running a second wire too but it could start to look messy.
The rear camera has a short power lead so the manufacturers expect you to pick up a permanent live from the tailgate area, maybe I can use the number plate light, I assume this comes on with the ignition too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts