Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just ordered a kodiaq SE L 1.4 150ps petrol black pearl with Sirius wheels - the missus said its like Sirius Black off Harry Potter (she's a HP fan so convincing her was easy!). Actually, it took zero convincing once we test drove it!

Got some extras
Diamond bright thing
Automatic cruise control
LED interior pack
Something else can't remember..

Got to wait until around April :s
Trying to convince them to give me a little extended test drive (to show family and see how much of a squeeze to get through driveway gates as I want to find out if I need new gates!) they aren't eager to lend me it - even just over one night

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Welcome Shocks.
Tape measure?? ;)
I assume your gate posts are not as tall as the door mirrors. If they are, Figure in brackets below.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Colin!

Anyone know what height the mirrors start from? SE L 19" wheels :p

It should fit but I'm trying to arrange a text drive so i fathom what it will be like to park on a regular basis. If it's too tight i'll just knock it down

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have just been out in the freezing cold and measured it for you. (the things I do for Forum chums! ;) )
44 inches. If it is really tight you can always save a bit by folding in first.
I went through an 18th C archway designed for small horse drawn carts the other day. and it was ok. It is actually quite easy to place and don't forget the front and rear sensors 'see' round corners so they will warn you if a corner of the car is about to collide.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colin Lambert said:
I have just been out in the freezing cold and measured it for you. (the things I do for Forum chums! ;) )
44 inches. If it is really tight you can always save a bit by folding in first.
I went through an 18th C archway designed for small horse drawn carts the other day. and it was ok. It is actually quite easy to place and don't forget the front and rear sensors 'see' round corners so they will warn you if a corner of the car is about to collide.
*thumbs up!*

Thanks :) didn't realise wing mirrors can be folded in whilst moving

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Folding mirrors (at a sensible speed) is a first for Skoda on the Kodiaq.
All previous Skodas could only have mirrors folded at UP TO 9mph. This was (ludicrously) claimed by Skoda for safety reasons.
My Mercedes & all 3 of my Saabs could be folded at any speed.
Kodiaq can fold up to 30mph, but unlike the 2 makes above will not extend automatically at a given speed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fountain of knowledge matey!

Well the opening is around 80mm bigger than the wing mirrors overall width, plus they are set two inches higher than my brick pillars... so should be fine but will try and check with a physical kodiaq...
I noticed a kodiaq driving in my home town...I wonder... :p lol

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Put a request on the forum under a separate thread heading. You never know!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, I now understand heated windscreen and canton sound is extra on the SE L model?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the Spirit of correctness, I will duly amend my siggy 😁

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info tho!

and, i'm a tad annoyed about the windscreen and stereo system...skoda dealer at the moment isn't very help..hhmpphh

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Extended test drive shows it fits on my driveway...just lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, thought I'd add to this thread as the title is perfect. Just ordered my Kodiaq this week. It my first Skoda and SUV. Currrently in a BMW 320d and needed bigger for a growing family.

Love the drive of the Kodiaq was really impressed by the car and my local dealer. Went for the 2.0 TSI to get a bit of poke but not doing the miles these days to warrant a diesel. Hope I've made the right call.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
April 4th code 20 :-DDDDD
:-s

1 - 16 of 16 Posts