Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am hoping to test drive a Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150 DSG on Saturday 25/3/17. The dealer asked me to contact him on Friday to ensure the car arrives!
I would like to know if there is anything I should particularly do or not do on a test drive. What should I look for? How long is supposed to last? Is it okay to try it with my kids in it? comments appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Paul. I have also ordered the 2.0 TDI 150 DSG variant of the Skoda so I would love to hear your feedback, both good and bad. For me I am hoping that the car is both comfortable and rides smoothly over bad surfaces. Where I live at the moment the roads are twinned with Aleppo!! I am hoping that the car does not role about too much in the bends, but still is s soft compliant ride... I know that's asking quite a lot of the car!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I suppose the main thing not to do is "Crash it" !
I would expect to be able to have it long enough to get round a number of different road surfaces and types (ie town traffic, mid speed and higher speed) so I can keep an eye on consumption and check ride quality. I would also like to check out what stuff does, so as to decide what to order or not. As for Kids, I would have to take one as she is a named driver and would perhaps like to know what she is letting herself in for, but I would not take her kids as I would want to focus on the car's capabilities without distraction. Kids can have a look either before or after whilst in the dealer's compound.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Don't forget that the engine will be very tight so you can expect considerably better fuel consumption after about 4500 miles. All my 4 previous Skodas have behaved like that.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Try to include the type of roads you will normally use, be that Autostrada, mountain roads or non tarmac roads.

Kids can certainly be a distraction but you want enough people in the car to mirror how you would be using it, as for duration this varies between dealers, they obviously want it to be fairly short, but you need to be happy with what you are driving and how it performs to see if it suits your requirements.

When I eventually get round to test driving one (not in any rush as I will probably wait until the SportLine or L&K comes out) I will be asking for it for 24hrs, I would say there is no chance of that at the moment but once all the fuss has died down in a few months this should be possible. I do a lot (50%) of night driving so that is one reason for a 24hr test drive.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi all, we test drove it yesterday. One caveat to what I am about to say, my current drive is a 18 year old 2 ton Toyota Land Cruiser, with a 0-60 time measured with a calender. The Kodiaq was beautifully made, no rattles on the road, very responsive, plenty of pull. Easy to drive,. Good visibility. It was running on 19" wheels and so it seemed a bit unsettled in the back when on pot holed roads, ( according to the wife) , she thought there was a slight lag between flooring the accelerator and it picking up. The back seats are comfortable but center one is a bit stiff on the back. The third row were better than i have tried on other 7 seater SUV's. In summary, I loved it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts