Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody bought a kodiaq in the UK on PCP over 3 years?

I thought it would be an option but dealer says it has to be 4.

Ta in advance

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't like PCPs, but have gone for one myself over 3 years with intent in clearing it off before the end. It gave me more to negotiate with than a cash buy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MP

·
Registered
421 Posts
Daddy2Bears said:
Has anybody bought a kodiaq in the UK on PCP over 3 years?

I thought it would be an option but dealer says it has to be 4.

Ta in advance
It should be flexible enough to do it over 3 years, 3.5 years or 4 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've gone for a 36 month PCP. I think options were 36,42 or 48. Didn't make a big difference so I just timed it to end of warranty, MOTs etc.

This is the first car I've gone for PCP. Will work out closer to the date if we keep or leave the car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, picked Suzy up this afternoon, all good.

·
Registered
945 Posts
We went for a 2 year personal contract as it worked out significantly cheaper than PCP and we don't need to be concerned about residuals. The dealer also helped us to clear and negative equity we had in our old car as he knew consumer rights better than we did.

However if you do it be careful of using Skoda Financial Services as they really don't care about you as soon as they have your contract. Phoned them 3 times on Friday and on average it took 25 minutes for them to answer and when they did they transferred us to the AA (who we didn't want or need). When we did speak to someone they were monumentally useless, instead of helping he seemed to be more enthusiastic about quoting parts of the contract.

The car is great but the post sales customer service does make me think that I will not renew a contract in 18 months and will not buy another Skoda.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've done a 42 month PCP simply it gives me the flexibility to do what I want

1) Hand the car back (not doing that)
2) Extend the PCP
3) Pay it off
4) Get a new car

All I know at the moment is I won't just hand it back, I'm more likely to clear the finance or get a new car. Not really decided yet I'll just see how I get on with it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Lord Muck said:

2) Extend the PCP
3) Pay it off
4) Get a new car

All I know at the moment is I won't just hand it back, I'm more likely to clear the finance or get a new car. Not really decided yet I'll just see how I get on with it.
My dealership took the piss with Apr so I ended up taking a bank loan instead of my chosen 42 month PCP. I'm treating it the same though and I'll be choosing to either clear the loan or just wipe it when it's appropriate. Can't see me wanting to change the car as it'll still be pretty new 3 or 4 years down the line with only around 20k on the clock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lord Muck said:

2) Extend the PCP
3) Pay it off
4) Get a new car

If you're going to get a new car, then pay it off anyway, sell the car privately and buy a new one even if the new one is on PCP. It's more hassle but made/saved £3000 with my Octavia, if you don't that's what they want you to so - its how they make their money from PCP.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I would strongly recomeend that you DO NOT buy a Skoda, the after sales customer realtions is non-exisitant. As soon as they have your money they will not give you the time of day. If you can go and get another car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jon Edwards said:
I would strongly recomeend that you DO NOT buy a Skoda, the after sales customer realtions is non-exisitant. As soon as they have your money they will not give you the time of day. If you can go and get another car.
Gosh. I'm on my third Skoda, having found after-sales service quite excellent, from my dealer (All Electric Skoda, Kings Heath). The first two, I didn't even buy from them.

I've only had to deal with any other part of Skoda with the latest car, which I bought on Finance to get the £2,000 deposit contribution. I then had to contact Skoda Finance when (straight away) I wanted to pay it off. That was falling-off-a-log easy, though it did take a couple of weeks for my "clear of debt" paper to come through. When I chased it up, meanwhile, I was given clear update and accurate prediction of when I'd get that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dr_Pepper said:
If you're going to get a new car, then pay it off anyway, sell the car privately and buy a new one even if the new one is on PCP. It's more hassle but made/saved £3000 with my Octavia, if you don't that's what they want you to so - its how they make their money from PCP.
Alternatively you can Voluntarily Terminate the PCP once 50% of the opening balance is paid. You won't get any cash out of it but it saves the messing about with private sales.

·
Registered
945 Posts
DaveM said:
Jon Edwards said:
Gosh. I'm on my third Skoda, having found after-sales service quite excellent, from my dealer (All Electric Skoda, Kings Heath). The first two, I didn't even buy from them.

I've only had to deal with any other part of Skoda with the latest car, which I bought on Finance to get the £2,000 deposit contribution. I then had to contact Skoda Finance when (straight away) I wanted to pay it off. That was falling-off-a-log easy, though it did take a couple of weeks for my "clear of debt" paper to come through. When I chased it up, meanwhile, I was given clear update and accurate prediction of when I'd get that.
I would have agreed until recently. This is my second Skoda and my last. The Kodiaq is great but in terms of after sales care they have hit rock bottom at all levels - Retailer not giving me all the information, Exec Team trying their best (they are quite good to be fair but are surrounded by complete imbeciles), Skoda Financial Services who never answer the phone and when they do all they do is to send you onto the AA even if you don't want to and finally Skoda Ensurance who wash their hands of everything.

If you have a problem with your Kodaiq then don't expect any support.

In future I will be going elsewhere and would recommend everyone else to do the same, they dont deserve your money.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have you spoken to Skoda customer services?

·
Registered
289 Posts
It looks like Jon Edwards has spoken to CS as there is a reference to the executive team.

This was my 1st experience buying from Skoda. It wasn't plain sailing, but I found answers to problems either via the dealership network or from the executive office. I can't grumble too much; I've had worse experiences with Jaguar and BMW. There will always be some who are disgruntled with their negative experiences regardless how good the brand or product is. IMO, it seems as humans in this modern age, we criticise more, and have forgotten the art of praise.

Thank you Skoda UK for troubleshooting my woes with my Kodiaq.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Even though I'm only posting this to whinge I'm going to do it anyway.

I've had 4 skodas, first was a 2002 car just when the cars got great and they were amazing value. They had local dealers that really cared and they really went the extra mile.

I know some people still get good service but I'm not one of them. There used to be at least 6 skoda dealers within a half hour of me, and now there are none, so any servicing is a Ballache straight away. 3 dealers I dealt with while waiting for the kodiaq to become available, and each one promised to keep me up to date and not one did. I'm actually telling them I'll order one when they're available and they still don't contact me.

So many comments on these forums used to be about how good skoda were compared with the competition, now it's clear the majority are dissatisfied.

Local dealers are lucky skoda's still sell themselves on price. That's gradually changing too.

As for skoda nationally the delivery thing where you just get lied to repeatedly,wait double or triple the estimate they give you and then when the car does turn up they don't even bother to tell you, it's a joke. Couple all that to the favt that (compared with the octavia vrs) the kodiaq is (to me) a relative dissapointment and this will be, sadly, My last skoda too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
To be fair to Skoda, I think this level of service is now the norm for the industry. I have had very similar experiences with Audi, Toyota & Peugeot in the last 2 years. All smiles, teas and coffees til you sign the contract, then suddenly aren't that bothered about the customer experience.

It also varies by dealership of course.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Try Vauxhall they are truly shite, in fact I would say that have mastered shite customer service to a point of precision that they are renowned throughout the galaxy.

As this is a new car I will deal with the dealer, I know what is covered and what isn't. So far even after my purchase when I had a slight issue they were on the ball.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts