Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, so finally my Red Kodiaq arrived (ordered Dec 30th, Build week 12)

hopefully you can see the photo:
Filthy after 1 day out Mountain Biking.

Good points:
Looks Great, love the colour ;)
Extremely quiet in the cabin.
Like the auto handbrake a lot. If we're not allowed a proper handbrake any more this is definitely the best solution.
Infotainment brilliant, big step up on Octavia, loads of cool stuff and really quick.
Seat Space is great, even the back 2 seats a lot better than I expected.
Does seem well set up to tackle some light off roading as well as pretty good road holding.
Heated seats I seem to have got for free, as pretty sure I didn't order them.
Saw my first 2 other Kodiaqs today, both in Peaslake Surrey.

Bad points
Not really sure why reviewers were raving about interior quality to be honest, everything's the same as my 3 year old Octavia. Very good, but nothing like as special as I was expecting. Armrest way too low.
Level loading bay is good up to a point, but very high I'm not convinced the actual boot space practicality is any better than the Octavia.
Shockingly poor customer service from Simpsons Skoda, treated as an inconvenience more than a customer from start to finish unfortunately. That's my second very painful experience of buying a new car from skoda in a row, and as good as the cars are, I think that may be my last.

Guys I need your help though - I have a problem the dipped beams are way, way too high, I went for a 10 minute drive tonight and got flashed by nearly every car going the other way. Does anyone know how to solve this, i thought they were supposed to be automatic. I'm really hoping nobody says trip to dealer, as I don't have one locally for miles around. Cheers

·
Registered
503 Posts
I got flashed once last night (a quick flash back to prove to them I was on dipped). I had a lot of oncoming traffic and only the one flash.
I think the combination of high set lights and bright LED'd confuses some.
Do your lights do the little "dance" when first turned on ? I believe that should self level them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If LED lights, then look under Car > Settings > Lights > Light assist and then make sure it is turned on. If halogens, the same approach using infotainment but instead of "Light assist", it'll be "Headlight beam control".

·
Registered
149 Posts
My present car is a Vauxhall Mokka. The lights do a dance when switching on the ignition. They auto adjust but seem to be slow to react and I used to get flashed (still do sometimes) all the time. They worked on software which was re-installed but I can't say I have been completely happy with them since. I am hoping they are much better on my Kodiaq when it arrives.
Are all cars fitted with them prone to be slow to react?
Hope not!

·
Registered
314 Posts
KodiaqDna said:
Are all cars fitted with them prone to be slow to react?
Hope not!
On my Superb the are pretty quick, I have Smart Light Assist and Main Beam Assist, so you drive with 'main beam' on all the time, the car then dips each headlight individually or even move them from right to left so that oncoming traffic and cars you are following are always in a 'dark spot' so you are not blinding them, it's hard to describe but it is very good.

In 25K miles (about 10K done in the dark) I have been flashed just a handful of times, considering they are bi-xenons I would say they are set up correctly and working properly.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's what I am hoping for! Went back to a Vauxhall after having two Skoda Octavia's prior and want the same experience again!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So thanks for trying to help but unfortunately that didn't fix it - there's no option under lights either for Headlight Beam or for Light assist. I don't really know if I've got halogen or LED but it's an SEL, don't think it has bulbs

There's no question they are way too high, last night on a flat road the beams were right up high on the lamp posts etc, and it wasn't an occasional flashed, everyone was flashing me. Luckily I don't have to drive anywhere in the dark imminently, Not sure what to do about it, any ideas?

·
Registered
724 Posts
From manual:
The LED headlights (hereinafter referred to as just system) use the journey data to automatically ensure the best possible light cone in front of the vehicle.
The system will automatically operate in the following modes: urban, extra-urban, highway and mist. The static corning light provides for the illumination of the road in the curve.
The system works as long as the light switch is in AUTO position .

·
Registered
724 Posts
About light assist:

The system automatically switches the high beam on/off in accordance with the existing traffic (other vehicles) and environmental conditions (e.g. driving through a lit village).
The high beam on/off is controlled by a sensor or a camera. Activating / Deactivating the system takes place in the Infotainment menu  → Light → Light Assist.

Conditions for the system function:
- The system is activated.
- The light switch is in the position .
- The vehicle speed is over 60 km/h or for some countries more than 40 km/h.
- The windscreen is clean in the sensor area.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can change LED beam pattern for left and right hand drive in the Lights menu - Check yours in set for right hand drive. The adaptive forward lighting changes according to the Drive Mode (accessed via the button near the parking brake). The beam pattern changes less If it's set to Eco (or the AFL is manually set to Normal in the Individual Drive Mode).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks very much for trying to help guys. Narrowing it down a bit but still no further forward.

Pretty sure the car doesn't have Hugh beam assist, I know what this is because the octavia has it but the lights here 'dipped'. Currently the lights don't change when I switch between 'auto' and 'dipped' on the switch.

The manually operated high beams are working fine, so it's not that the high beams are on.

And it's also not the left right thing, it is correctly set to 'left driving' and anyway I believe on experimenting that this only affects the width not the height anyway.

G

·
For height control, wouldn't this setting be the one you need ?

Headlight range control of the Halogen headlights
› The headlight range can be adjusted in Infotainment in the menu  →  →
light → Headlight range control (If required Light Assist - depending on the Infotainment
type).
Depending on the load of the vehicle, the headlight beam of the Halogen headlights
can be set to the following basic settings.
Front seats occupied, boot empty
All seats occupied, boot empty
All seats occupied, boot loaded
Driver seat occupied, boot loaded

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just as an update I've now contacted the dealer and awaiting a reply.

This is a serious problem because I can't really drive it at night at the moment, it's just plain dangerous. Luckily, I still have my old car for now.

Ive been doing some experiments, When switching the engine on the lights dont do the same dance ad my octavia does (side to side) they only start low and go right up high and don't come down again. They point significantly upward of the horizontal. What do others with LED headlights do when you turn on?

Really disappointed especially since I have no local dealer to take it to.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok well I don't suppose anyone cares but I've finally had the issue fixed, a massive Ballache for me because there are no dealers near me and I commute to London. Anyway they confirmed they were massively too high, fixed it pretty easily, said it must have come out of the factory like that and said that it was a poor show that it hadn't been picked up by the PDI (Simpsons Preston).

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dr_Pepper said:
Ok well I don't suppose anyone cares but I've finally had the issue fixed, a massive Ballache for me because there are no dealers near me and I commute to London. Anyway they confirmed they were massively too high, fixed it pretty easily, said it must have come out of the factory like that and said that it was a poor show that it hadn't been picked up by the PDI (Simpsons Preston).
It's great that you have highlighted this as blinding on coming traffic can be potentially fatal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mountee said:
Hi. Can't help on headlights but arm rest height is adjustable. Hope that helps at least.
This. I found this out _yesterday_ </facepalm> :lol:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts