Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please put an information about your successfully solved faults, including a description how it was solved.

I know there is a post about faults but usually solutions for that faults are practically lost in such posts. At the begining of fault post there is a description of the fault, followed by many many posts that try to help, criticise or cheer up but the conclusion (solution) is hidden somewhere. Use this post for short reportings.

Example:

PROBLEM: Handles are creaking.
REPORTED TO SKODA: Week 26 (2017)
SOLVED BY SKODA: Week 32 (2017)
SOLUTION: Skoda has put some more glue.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Skoda have put additional padding and glue to creaking door handles and dash rattles.

Removed and refitted new exterior trim due to initial ill fitting.

Replaced juddering wipers.

There is still a problem list that needs sorting out with a 3rd trip back to the workshop once parts have arrived.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Oh dear, how very disappointing.
Sparshatts?
At least my creaking door pulls aren't getting any worse and the electrical gremlins seem to be sorted.
I hope you get everything put right soon.
Have you had a whinge to Skoda Management in Leeds?
If not, PM me and I will give you a name.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 6 week old Kodiaq 4x4 2 litre Tdi DSG with 800 miles on the clock. Very happy with the car apart from one issue. After initially starting and pulling away with any degree of lock on the wheel there's an audible clunk from the front nearside area which can also be felt through the steering wheel. Thereafter the car drives perfectly with no repeat of the noise whilst driving and taking corners. The best way to describe the noise is that it reminds me of a cracked or broken coil spring which my Kodiaq most definitely isn't suffering with. The noise occurs after the brakes disengage and when the car is on a smooth surface. It's booked into my local dealership later this week, but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My MY18 had Traffic Jam Assist disabled (like many others I've noticed around here), however I quoted the field service campaign that someone mentioned in another thread (https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=954) and they sorted it no problem. Now keeps the lane assist icon green under 60kph with ACC enabled.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fault Resolved ....
Kodiaq 190Tdi Edition overheating. Registered October 17, built September 17. Water pump failure due to having the problematic older design water pump fitted where the diaphragm fails. The revised water pump that addresses the issue now fitted. Confirms there are older Kodiaq models out there with the old pump design. If unaware of the water pump issue, google it. Car has just 23k miles on the clock. Replaced under warranty. Due to mileage and age original belt used with new tensioners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same at 36k just under three years old.
And please comment on this ....... skoda uk dont and won't pay Murray skoda Plymouth to put a new cam belt on it. They say only needed at 5 years.
They took the old one off and say they checked it. It was fine so they put it back on using all same parts. Thoughts anyone. ? I am arguing they may have weakened it during the process. Do can they put in writing that should the cam belt break within the five years they suggest , that they are going to contribute towards a new engine if required. I didn't pay £32,500 for a car to be reliable for 3 years and then start worrying about every little noise. ( one I can now hear if you listen at the drivers wheel side )

·
Registered
137 Posts
RamblingRichard said:
They took the old one off and say they checked it. It was fine so they put it back on using all same parts. Thoughts anyone. ? I am arguing they may have weakened it during the process.
My thoughts?

And they may not have weakened it. If a franchised dealer repairs or performs maintenance on any part of your car then by your assertion, they may have weakened that part. I can't work out if you're paranoid or have a 'glass half full' attitude.

Now if this happened to me, I'd be delighted that someone examined the cambelt and gave it the thumbs up. I'd have thought every car owner would be happy someone physically checked the belt for damage / wear.

If they say it's OK then obviously in their opinion the belt is good for the next two years until it's 'recommended' that its changed. So if the engine subsequetly goes 'bang' you're in a far greater position for compensation than any of us who've not had our belts checked.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Total unbelievable this one put new wiper blade on went to try them and they wouldn't work. Rocked the arms a little still no good.

Removed the wiper fuse it looked ok. Tested on meter ok. Refitted then wipers worked ok.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It did until, just collecting from dealer today as it has had the dsg gearbox fluid changed. Guess what. The car has done 3,000 miles since it was with them and the report they just sent me says. Red urgent - needs cambelt to be done. Please rick to authorise work!!! Am I right to be fuming 🤬

1 - 13 of 13 Posts