Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please put details of any faults that you intend to make a warranty claim for on this thread. (Other than internal door pulls~ see separate thread for these)
We can then collate them and if sufficient numbers (say 10 or more instances of each complaint) I will pass on to SUK<COLOR color="#FF0000">
</COLOR>

When the faults have been solved, please update in the thread here:

https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=7329#p7329

·
Registered
21 Posts
Picked mine up last Thursday night and all the chrome surrounds on the doors are tarnished and need replacing, not a great start with my first skoda

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unbelievable!. Puts the lie to all the [email protected] about inspecting the car at every stage on it's journey!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll get some pictures up later, there's no way on earth anyone missed this, looks like they're rushing them out

·
Registered
19 Posts
It looks like my Kodiaq develop some sort of rash on top of rear bumper. I think bumper is plastic but the rash looks like rust. On Sunday I went to local skoda but they didn't have any mechanic who would be able to have look. Sales man told me it might be chemicals they have used to clean the car. Anyone with same problem ?

Attachments

G

·
matyfu said:
It looks like my Kodiaq develop some sort of rash on top of rear bumper. I think bumper is plastic but the rash looks like rust. On Sunday I went to local skoda but they didn't have any mechanic who would be able to have look. Sales man told me it might be chemicals they have used to clean the car. Anyone with same problem ?
Could be that they didn't clean it correctly and that you have iron deposit hanging around which is now rusting.
If that's the case, an iron fallout remover spray like IronX could do the trick.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
421 Posts
matyfu said:
Definitely looks like tar or some sort of residue, I'd expect that to wash off. Not that it'll come off easily, but don't go rubbing it too hard and marking the lacquer and if you're going to use a buffer make sure you know what you're doing and don't burn through it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
matyfu said:
Seen that many times before on Skoda - it is iron fallout from the brakes on the train that they use to get from the factory to the port. Basically the iron particles have embedded in to the paint and then gone rusty.

IronX gets rid of it, but a half decent dealer should remove this at PDI & valet stage and you never see it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lower front wing external plastic side trims coming away from the metal.
New parts authorised for replacement by SUK.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Felix,
That is absolutely disgraceful. letting the car out like that.
I hope you have taken it up with SUK.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am getting sick of the state of some of our cars. I have sent the following to Skoda Executive office.This bit is for SUK Customer Service. IF I get any feedback I will publish it here.
Dear Steph, & Mr Basit.
I originally wrote this as one email and then to avoid any perceived criticism of Meadens and especially Tom Sexton, I felt I should separate what is going on between Meadens and myself and the feeling of disappointment I have over the purchase of the Kodiaq, which in all other ways is an absolutely fabulous car. Such a shame that it did not launch in without all the niggles that some of us less fortunate customers are experiencing. Apart from the electronics (and I know I am not the only one as SUK are aware of the non functioning call buttons and the wonky door pulls,) but there are a couple of cases of badly tarnished stainless trims that dealers are having to replace and at least one of ferrous inclusions in the paintwork of the rear bumper which have now rusted! Yet we are constantly told that the cars are quality checked at every stage of their journey from factory to dealer. Methinks some of those doing the checking should go to Spec savers.
See photographs below. Quote "Lower front wing external plastic side trims coming away from the metal.
New parts authorised for replacement by SUK." More than one case of this problem.
Not getting at either of you, but I do think somebody in Skoda (probably above you) needs to realise that all is not sweetness and light!

After Mr Basit's last phone call about a week ago I have had no communication from Skoda at all. He moved me onto another chap and nothing has happened. It seems to be all down to Meadens.
I feel they should do more than just push the problem onto you.

Many other owners are singularly unimpressed with SUK Customer care. I know it's very easy to moan, but the forum is full of unhappy people. Before and after delivery.

*I repeat, without attaching ANY blame to you Tom Sexton) or Meadens, as they have always been absolutely superb in the way you have looked after me, that
I am seriously p*ssed off with these problems, which simply should not be present on an expensive, brand new car.
In all my 76 cars, I have never had such a bad experience with so much unnecessary faffing about. Dozens of emails between us. (I am sure you have better things too do. I know I have). Phone calls to and from SUK for both of us.
I know you are doing all you can, but you simply should not have to! Skoda should be bending over backwards to get problems on their brand new flagship model sorted out. Not shoving it onto the dealers whilst frustrating and in many cases angering the customers.
I'm beginning to wish I had kept the Yeti and now I can't even buy one of those.
I will NEVER buy another new model from Skoda again until it is 6 months old and they get all the wrinkles ironed out.
I am not impressed at having spent £30K and being used as a guinea pig to test their unnecessary and in my case useless electronics.
Had I been able to get the base model with a few of the bits and bobs I wanted (Kessy, LED headlights, Panoramic roof, other than cloth seats with heaters and lumbar support etc) I really don't want the sat nav, the internet connection and all the other dross that is fitted. The final insult was having to waste £1000 of my hard earned old age pension :lol: on two seats that will never even be opened up let alone used.
Rant over! :D
regards,
Colin Lambert
These failures are surely not acceptable by anyone's standards?
Pictures of arm rests highlighted in red

Iron filings in paint on rear bumper.

Badly tarnished stainless trim.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Colin, I can absolutely understand your frustration, but SUK are taking the issues on board and doing all they can (in my experience so far).
TBH they are another step down the line, the real problem is the QC in the factory IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Savage,
Yes I know that, but you can't write to the factory. SUK are responsible in the UK. It is up to them to report to the factory with the faults and concerns.
I am not sure they ARE doing what they can. I had a couple of 'phone calls promising to look into the matter then silence for 2 weeks. How long does it take to 'look into the matter' when it is a known fault?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes, but in a year they will get a boomerang directly into their heads, Skoda will become known as a crap company and the sales will drop dramatically. In a long term they are doomed. I would accept the low quality for 20k€ but NOT for 44k€!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had DSG gearbox go into emergency mode four times before I reported it to my dealer. Car only had 400 miles on the clock. Gearbox seemed to go completely erratic and was a tad worrying.
Skoda dealer gave me courtesy car as soon as I brought it into the garage and car was fixed and returned to me ten days later (had to wait on new part coming from the Czech Republic)
DSG Mechatronic unit electrical fault. The whole unit replaced and the car has been running great ever since.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree with many of the points above.......writing emails will only get you so far.

I ended up rejecting my previous new car (LR Discovery Sport) after it had been in and out of the garage on multiple occasions for the same issue which they failed to remedy. When I eventually decided to reject it I was just over 6 months, which made it a bit more challenging, but I just left the car with the dealers, sent them a formal rejection letter (no emotion.....just a formal letter stating that I was rejecting it under blah blah blah regulation) and got my money back (less a reasonable cost per mile for the mileage I'd done).

If you feel it could go down that kind of route, I would suggest you keep a log / diary of all the faults, when they occurred, when you reported it, when they were "fixed" etc.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts