Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go.... Unfortunately I have to be the one to start this thread off.
My 'unlock by touch' only works when it wants to which is not very often. I have to use the fob.
It locks by touch every time and it affects both front doors.
It locks by touch every time.
I have contacted dealer and will let you all know the result when I get it.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
That's sad to hear, I hope all goes well with it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry to hear,
but why you mention front doors? doesnt/shouldnt it also unlock rear doors & tailgate?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$k0d1ak said:
Sorry to hear,
but why you mention front doors? doesnt/shouldnt it also unlock rear doors & tailgate?
Because the sensors are only on the front doors. there are no sensors on the back doors. By touching eithe of the front door handles you should be able to open all the doors (if that is the way you have it set up).

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
romanv said:
Can you configure it?
Hello Roman. I haven't a clue. (do you?) I have been into the set up and all is correct. The solenoids make a 'clonk' but the doors don't unlock and the mirrors don't open , though the indicators in the mirrors flash.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes, you can configure it to open just the driver door, or both driver and front passenger door.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me Dumpkof.
The front door handles have sensors on the iNSIDE of the handles. You simply put your fingers inside the handle and pull. BUT you MUST keep your thumb away from the sensor on the OUTSIDE of the handle. if you put your thumb on the pad and then try and pull the handle the door thinks you are trying to lock& unlock at the same time.
Anyone with CANTON. not able to find bass, mid & treble? Go> radio/media.>settings scroll down to CANTON EQUALISER. PRESS AND THE THREE SETTINGS WILL APPEAR AS SLIDERS.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigboss said:
Yes, you can configure it to open just the driver door, or both driver and front passenger door.
I had done all that but that was not the problem. Which was that it would not unlock ANYTHING!. See my explanation below.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Check this video:

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Kodiaq advantage over the Yeti is that the mirrors fold when it's locked.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Glad it wasn't an issue beyond a senior moment, they are allowed :)

The one thing I did think the other day though .... when the remote batteries die, would you be able to start the car or drive anywhere as it has to detect the key fob to allow the engine to run from what I understand.

I thought Canton had more than a 3 channel slider, oh well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As with other keyless systems there is a transponder location where you place key directly over to get the car started in low battery status. To open the door, there is a hidden keyhole under a cover which can be lifted up by the manual key to access. I am sure there's a section in the manual that explains this.

The Kodiaq sounds more sensitive to hand position to open the door than my XF and F10 which haven't caused me any problems over years of ownership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it is the same as my Tiquan don't put your thumb on the door handle when opening. As that is how you lock it and you may be countering the opening which should be done with your fingers only inside the handle.
Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, I saw on the other thread, What a bumma. I cannot understand how that happened. I'd like to know if & when you find out, also what the dealer does about it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did phone to my lease company and they contacted supplier. First response was if I am willing to keep the wheels nothing else. So I told them to let me know if I say no what will happen next. I think if this is too much hassle I will keep the wheels and will try to get some freebies :lol: :lol: as they don't look that bad. will see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Found an annoying rattle in offside rear door. Only found it with kids in car so didn't have the stereo cranked up! The near side rear door seems fine though. So now got to go through the hassle of getting it booked in at the dealer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts