Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all apologies if I am repeating a previous thread, I did look but found nothing

I thought I had just purchased an ex demonstrator, good spec, everything we wanted and then some. I was intending to take delivery this weekend. Pretty excited all 'round!

Point 1 - turns out the listed price logged with the DVLA is £42k so the car tax is way more than I had anticipated. I've been on the skoda car configurator 'thingy' and I can't get the 'on the road' price for this car to anywhere near £42K. £39,390 is the most expensive I can get it to. £42,300 if I add just about every whistle and bell this car doesn't even have. Very grateful that I asked the question re list price but I'm feeling confused regarding where did their 'list price' come from?

Point 2 - the car is a demonstrator. I was expecting, pre the car tax discussion, to take delivery this weekend. By chance the garage mentioned not to worry about the car tax for another month as they would pay it. I dug a bit deeper and it turns out the car has only been with them 2 months and they need to wait for 90 days until they can transfer ownership to me. I've paid for the vehicle expecting delivery plus log book at the weekend but they intend not to pass ownership to me for another month!

Any thoughts or advice? I'm thinking the best option is to walk away and live to fight another day?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Demand your money back and go to a reputable dealer. If he refuses Complain to Skoda U.K. about his dodgy dealings.
At that price the car must have EVERY available option. I did configure one a few weeks ago and put everything on it and id did come over £40k.
Them paying the first year road tax is irrelevant. He is conning you! if it is listed at a penny over £40k the EXTRA RFL PER YEAR IS £310 for 5 yearsVehicles with a list price of more than £40,000
You have to pay an extra £310 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a 'list price' (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000.
See
https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables
You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).

Check the list price with your dealer so you know how much vehicle tax you'll have to pay.
Fuel type Single 12 month payment Single 12 month payment by Direct Debit Total of 12 monthly payments by Direct Debit Single 6 month payment Single 6 month payment by Direct Debit
Petrol or diesel £450 £450 £472.50 £247.50 £236.25
Electric £310 £310 £325.50 £170.50 £162.75
Alternative £440 £440 £462 £242 £231

·
Registered
503 Posts
Re pricing, Seems to be a common thing, a lot of dealers don't know there arse from their elbow !
But yes technically they are not supposed to sell demos until 3 months old, but they can find ways around that.

Colin is on the money, walk and find one that won't cost £310 more a year, or if everything else is just what you want, get a (further?) discount of £1550 to cover it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts