Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

Today I drove around 54 km to ZOO and back with my family. 30 minutes later after we had arrived home I drove 2 km away to Chinese restaurant to pick up ordered food to take home. I waited there around 5 minutes and after the pick-up I tried to start engine by having DSG in P, depressing brake predal and pressing START/STOP button.

The engine started to sound like: ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!

After 5 seconds of listening to such a terrible sound I pressed START/STOP to stop the starting process.

I waited for a second and repeated the process again. That time Kodiaq started as it should.

What do you think? Engine was not cold and the temperature outside was 28 degrees.

Cheers, Roman

·
Registered
503 Posts
Sounds odd, If it happens again raise a ticket with the dealer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds like starter cog not engaging with flywheel properly.
- This we DON'T want on a stop-start car!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We drove later to Ljubljana's old part of the city and back. It didn't happen again. i hope it was once-and-never-again incident. Funny but on the way there, the start/stop didn't work and the special crossed-over A sign was appearing. When driving back after the ice cream time, it started to work again. Otherwise usually I turn start/stop off.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
KodiaqPetrolHead said:
Sounds like starter cog not engaging with flywheel properly.
- This we DON'T want on a stop-start car!
Modern cars SHOULD have pre~engaged started motor. Unless of course Skoda have been simply clever??? ;)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks god it has never happened again... OK... I know that I have my car only 18 days... but I've made almost 1500 km.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened to me about 3 months ago with my 190 DSG. It's never failed to start since then and now done 13000 miles. I've also has two episodes when the engine started fine but as soon as I moved the gearbox to Drive it spluttered and cut out (but then started again without a problem). Stop/Start sometimes keeps the engine running for no apparent reason and when I check the status on the infotainment screen it just says "Stop Start is available".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts