Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I've been called by my friend who left his bear on the Vienna airport for 6 days. He has just returned back and when he was picking up his Kodiaq, he couldn't get in. He used a backup physical key to get in. The car didn't want to switch on. So he called me. I told him that he needs to put the keys near start/stop button and try again. Unfortunately all light on the cockpit in that moment went off. What to do? First I blamed the keys, now I suspect the battery and low temperatures those days.

I need quick response.

Best regards, Roman

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've talked to him again. He managed to open the door with kessy. Now he is locking with physical key. Otherwise he has called AMZS (Slovenian ADAC) for help.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Question: Can Skoda Connect by constantly being connected drain the battery in just 6 days on cold weather?

·
Registered
422 Posts
This is not going to help you or your friend now, but consider keeping a battery jump pack in the boot of your car when traveling.
They are not just useful as a jump starter, modern ones can also charge mobile phones. Handy if your phone is out of juice and you break down in the middle of nowhere.

I got this one. It's good enough to start just about any car.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My friend called AMZS that asked Austrian OAMTC for a help. The help arrived quickly, recharged the battery and now he must drive for an hour. But he is angry because physical key can lock only the driver door. Others stay unlocked!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts