Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Today I wanted to clean my car in one if those automatic car wash houses.

Fortunately I've remembered that my tailgate was electric. I switched off easy open but in any possible cases (ingnition off, keys in the car, etc.), the tailgate opened when pressing the button.

So I aborted the mission because I didn't want to see how a water jet would open my tailgate.

Any help?

Cheers, Roman

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just had a self-brainstorming: If I press lock doors button (automatically done when driving) it will also lock tailgate opening. Right? And disabling easy open will disable virtual pedal that doesn't work if key is not behind the car. Right? So I am a complicator. Right?

·
Registered
181 Posts
romanv said:
Are you mad ?!? You are the owner of a long awaited Kodiaq .. and you'd put it through an automatic car wash ? Car abuse !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
romanv said:
I just had a self-brainstorming: If I press lock doors button (automatically done when driving) it will also lock tailgate opening. Right? And disabling easy open will disable virtual pedal that doesn't work if key is not behind the car. Right? So I am a complicator. Right?
Can't imagine the water jet will open tailgate. Normally you need the key in pocket, standing close, kick at perfect angle, perfect timing, holding tongue right, stars aligned and good luck to get it to open lol. Wouldnt be to nice if it did open though so keep your finger close to the button on the door just in case.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
H2UBS said:
romanv said:
Are you mad ?!? You are the owner of a long awaited Kodiaq .. and you'd put it through an automatic car wash ? Car abuse !!
I'm not mad I have put all my new cars through an 'Imo' chain wash. They have flippy flappy towelling strips (synthetic) and do no damage at all.
Life is too short to wash a car the size of a K in a (very) hard water area like Poole. :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
[/quote]
I'm not mad I have put all my new cars through an 'Imo' chain wash. They have flippy flappy towelling strips (synthetic) and do no damage at all.
Life is too short to wash a car the size of a K in a (very) hard water area like Poole. :lol:
[/quote]

Having lived in Wareham I am very familiar with your very hard water Colin. If you're ever travelling that way to the Purbecks, I would highly recommend the hand car wash at Sandford .. excellent service !

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Hubs,
Thanks for the tip.
Now that the Ferry robbers have increased the price to £4.30 EACH WAY!! My route of choice when going to Durlston Country Park with the hounds is via Wareham.
(I worked out once that if you compare the ferry crossing distance X charge to the distance Heathrow to Boston X charge it would cost something like £88,000 :shock: to fly to Boston one way at the same charge rate as the ferry per mile!)
Cheers,
C

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Epilogue:

I switched off easy open although it is needed to be switched off when washing car manually. I made sure that all doors are locked (it is done automaticallly when driving or by pressing lock doors button). And that's it! My bear is clean now... from outside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts