Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in the process of working out the spec. My question - is the DCC worth it . I have read conflicting reports in the press. The car will not do any off road or high speed sporty driving, I already have cars to covet that . It's just going to be a daily driver.
Any opinions would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers, Andy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,

I had the same question, with a real mix of people saying it's worth it versus don't waste your money.

I test drove the 190HP DSG Diesel (which is the car I'm getting) on 19" wheels, WITHOUT DCC.......and decided I didn't need it. I like quite a firm ride rather than soft, and was very happy with the ride and performance of the standard suspension, so no need to spend an extra £1000.....I've bought some more options instead! The ride was nice and firm (though not too firm) and felt quite sporty without DCC.

If you wanted a softer, more comfortable, more cushioned ride then I would suggest it might be worth looking at (or avoid 19" wheels), but if your preference (like mine) is for a stiffer set-up then you'll probably be quite happy with the standard suspension and an extra £1000 in your pocket.

But at the end of the day it's personal choice, and I'm sure others will come on here and argue for DCC 😀

·
Registered
314 Posts
The only real answer is to test drive a Kodiaq WITHOUT DCC

Then if YOU are happy with the suspension save your money.

I have DCC on my Superb (std on the L&K) and despite thinking it would be a gimmic, I really like it... enough to spec it on a Kodiaq,
SWMBOs Yeti is far too crashy IMO, but SWMBO is happy with it... until she drives my Superb!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Every persons interpretation of ride is different.
For me it means I can set it on one of 3 settings to get what I prefer, knowing me it will probably be half way between 2 of the settings :lol:
But as I often travel on some bumpy roads, and also don't like a car to lean a lot when I drive with enthusiasm, its a worthwhile option.
I can set comfort on the rough roads, and normal or sport on good roads.
Not too mention at the time of ordering I couldn't drive one, so it is added insurance ;)
As Gizmo says, take a test drive of a non DCC equipped one in as close as the same configuration you would want, and drive over as many different surfaces as you are likely to encounter during normal use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd say it also depends on the mileage. Hubby is a high mileage driver currently driving a Volvo and I'm a low mileage driver with a BMW M Sport. So we need to be able to switch between set ups. DCC all the way for us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts