Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three times in a week my gearbox has warned me that it's in emergency mode. Gear changes all over the place until pulling over and turning off the car then restarting. Car ok after restarting. Only had the car for a week. I'll contact dealer today to see what they say. Other than that everything is very good.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
As I have said all along. Modern cars are getting too complicated for their own good.
God help any of us who keep the K out of warranty!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out it's a mechatronic unit fault which seems to be a common fault with the VAG DSG gearbox. Did a quick Google search and it looks like a common fault, however, my car only had about 250 miles on the clock when it first happened.
Got a courtesy car (Rapid) so happy to wait until it gets fixed. I wish drunk people would stop waving me down though :) :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mechatronic units faults are not that common, I've had 2 O3 DSG's and done over 75k miles without issue.

Unfortunately, if they do play up it is a new mechatronic unit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
darekozik said:
Hi,
I have same problem with my dsg and still waiting for repair, did your car repaired? Please let me know because skoda said then they waiting for the parts from manufacture and is take a month
Yes, my car was repaired. It was at Skoda dealer for ten days. They also had to wait on new mechatronic unit from manufacturer.
Car running absolutely fine now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts