Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Does anyone know how to remove the driver seat headrest? I was planning to fix the Skoda coat hanger behind the driver's seat and do what I may, the headrest won't come off. I tried locating any kind of catch or switch but to no avail.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Simples!
On the left side of the headrest (when sitting in the seat) is a button. Press and lift. Voila!
Assuming of course that Skoda haven't changed THAT as well as other things on the My18 version.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Agreed Colin, I was looking on the headrest stems for adjustment but couldn't find them as on all the other cars I have had. Then I noticed that the button was on the side of the headrest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin Lambert said:
Simples!
On the left side of the headrest (when sitting in the seat) is a button. Press and lift. Voila!
Thanks Colin. I tried the button already and although I am able to lift the headrest all the way up, I am still unable to remove the headrest completely from the rail to fix the coat hanger. It seems to get stuck just at the last point and even pulling/pushing the headrest harder does not help. The manual does not cover this point as well.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Oh dear!
I think you may have a problem then fitting your clothes hangar. I admit I had not tried removing the head rest.
I have just been to the car and you are quite correct, my apologies. The pad moves up and down the bars which stay firmly attached to the seat. Very weird and the pad does not seem to want to come off the bars.
Only suggestion I can make, is to ring your dealer. I have phone Skoda CS and they will look into it and let me have an answer, which I will put on this thread as soon as I get it.
If you find out from your dealer what the answer is, perhaps you could post it here for others.
Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
You should be able to sorta 'snap' it into two and put it between the headrest and snap it straight

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Thanks for that Zach. I have informed Skoda CS.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Just checked and yeah you should be able to bend it around the circle. I assume you are using this adapter for the coat hanger?

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zach said:
Just checked and yeah you should be able to bend it around the circle. I assume you are using this adapter for the coat hanger?
Zacn, no, I am not using the adapter version. I am using the wooden hanger version which slips into the rods/rails.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this is an old thread but relevant....Did you get this sorted? I'm trying to put seat covers on the front seats and couldn't seem to get the headrests off.
I've seen a picture how to get the third row off and wondered if it was the same? - all the videos online that talk about the octavia etc show different looking headrest "loops"

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Nope,
I don't think you can get them off.
You can buy seat covers with a velcro slit in the top which goes over the headrest and then simply close using the velcro.
Remember to ensure seat covers are side airbag friendly!
I think theses are the ones I bought. But a message to to seller should clear up the headrest slit/velcro question. they are of quite good quality and the drivers one of mine lasted two years before getting a bit thin in the rubbed areas. the other seats lasted into infiniti.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Cream-Beige-Leather-Look-Car-Seat-Covers-Set-Protectors/122969850388?hash=item1ca1930214:g:Q8YAAOSwgsxahgAv:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got really good seat protectors that I had from a previous vehicle and only just got round to fitting them, think I might have to adapt them to fit! I wonder why they don't come off... I assume some form of safety feature.. who knows.

·
Registered
137 Posts
From the workshop guide:

1.8 Removing and installing the headrest
Removing
- Press the release button -arrow- on the back of the backrest
under the cover.
- Remove the head restraint from the runners.

Product Font Rectangle Tints and shades Electric blue

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh wow, thanks for this... I'll need to see if i can locate this button.. Just need to figure out if it's on the rear of the sear or the front!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Press the release button -arrow- on the back of the backrest
under the cover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ryan_j said:
Daddy2Bears said:
Press the release button -arrow- on the back of the backrest
under the cover.
Yep i'm away for a coffee, unable to read apparently. Thank you again.
Let us know if it works. Intrigued to see if it does!

Steve

·
Registered
633 Posts
[quoteLet us know if it works. Intrigued to see if it does!][/quote]

It does work, but it's a bit of a faff. The release button seems to be in the centre of something harder, so you have to find the centre of the hard circle and then press the button in the middle of it.

Once found for the first time, the second time will be easy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
You might have to remove the rear cover of the seat . I've not had a look but majority of head rest installs there was circlips on the stems or other things to stop them coming out by pulling and others was just very tight at the ends .

However with newer vag models the plastic groomers at the base of the head rests pop up to reveal extra spring loaded fastenings which you just push in

·
Registered
7 Posts
C2atb said:
You might have to remove the rear cover of the seat . I've not had a look but majority of head rest installs there was circlips on the stems or other things to stop them coming out by pulling and others was just very tight at the ends .

However with newer vag models the plastic groomers at the base of the head rests pop up to reveal extra spring loaded fastenings which you just push in
It was actually really easy... I'll put a few pictures up tonight when I do the other one! You can feel it when you press the fabric in

1 - 20 of 24 Posts