• <t>Black & Silver</t>

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • <t>Silver</t>

Votes: 8 80.0%

Door Sill Protectors - Opinions??

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Raffa 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just had a phone call today as the car is getting ready for my collection on the 1st :D , but the sales rep had some queries before the workshop finalise everything ready for the hand over.

So I went down, bad move as I sooo much wanted to take the car away, but have to wait another 5 days :eek: . I ordered some door sill protectors as was not sure if the car came with them or not and neither was the rep.

As you may be aware there are 2 options being Silver or Black & Silver. I opted to order the Black and Silver, but the reason for the call was that the car has actually come with the Silver ones fitted from the factory.

Now the question I have is do I want to change them to the Black & Silver ones, which there is a cost but dont mind paying. If I didnt want them save some money and keep the Silver ones.

The reason for them was aesthetic, but more so to add protection from the sills being scuffed.

Is there a difference you ask, the Black & Silver ones are basically the Silver ones with Black plastic trim added around the metal. Thus making it slightly bigger and offering that little bit more protection. Although the Silver ones seem more 3D, where you have the darker grey area it is slightly depressed, where as on the Black & Silver ones the metal part is flat.

I know the preference falls down to individual taste, I cant make my mind up and also the missus is the same telling me that she doesnt mind. No Help there lol :twisted: .

What do people think :?:

I need to let the dealer know by Tuesday so they can start to finish off the car, and sort out the finance paperwork.

Here are some photo's to help:

Both side by side:

Silver:

Black & Silver:

See less See more
#2 ·
I would like to get the black/silver but over here they're very expensive. Could order from Superskoda but I'm not going to buy them before seeing/knowing how they're fitted on.

#3 ·
If anything like ones I had on the Octavia, they have self adhesive strips underneath, just measure and mark position with masking tape and stick on.

As for the OP, the additional ones do seem to offer more protection area, but I have keep the factory fit and they do fine.

#4 ·
Zach said:
I would like to get the black/silver but over here they're very expensive. Could order from Superskoda but I'm not going to buy them before seeing/knowing how they're fitted on.
Zach, I can confirm having seen the strips that they have double sided self adhesive strips on the back. I was also looking to get them myself and fit them, rather then the dealer. But to ensure they are in the right position, you have to also buy the templates to fit them which is another cost.

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Door_sill_covers_-_Templates_Kodiaq_565071718

I opted to then go for the dealer fitting them, but looks like no longer required, and it came with them already.

Think I will leave the Silver ones on there as goes better with the colour of the car.

#6 ·
Zach said:
Wanna sell them?
Zach, wouldn't it be cheaper for you to buy it local??

Or would shipping from the UK still work out cheaper. Any case, I did not buy them yet and thats why the dealer rang me to see if I wanted to change the ones that came from the factory so have told the dealer they are no longer required so I dont get billed for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.