Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First real issue with my bear.

One of the rear doors' protection plastic tongue fell off. Put it back (meant to be interchangeable) but noticed that the whole deployment mechanism was gripped.

Back to dealer...

Anyone else?

:(

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Bumma!.
Did it get caught on anything that may have caused it to pop off?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Having those was something that I am not to fussed about and I mentioned it to the salesman when I was looking to order. He thought they were a good idea. I mentioned that they have them on the Ford's. A mate of mine has them (well used to) on his Ford Focus but they came off when damaged. He had new ones fitted but the same happened again, so he decided to leave them off altogether. Hopefully these will be a little more robust!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Colin it is on my son's side, so it is the door we are using the most... i'm just surprised that it is the mechanism that seems gripped...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car booked for repairs on May 15th...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer checked the car last monday and confirmed he was reordering the whole mechanism... Also confirmed they were on back orders and none are currently in the UK.... and that they are in high demand all over europe...

Problem is common apparently....

Worth keeping an eye on...

·
Registered
69 Posts
My front drivers one doesn't appear to be on correctly, I get the feeling it was removed and fixed back on

My Dealer has said to it to any dealer for a warranty repair

·
Registered
54 Posts
One of my rear doors had to be slammed to shut it from new and eventually failed to close completely due to the plastic protector failing to move out of the way properly. I removed the protector and replaced it but same thing happened again so removed it and left it off. Other doors seem ok so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had delivery of Kodiaq a week ago today... within 2 hours of owning the car, and perhaps opening/closing the doors around 5 times, we were unable to close the front passenger door. The rubber protection strip would not retract correctly. Had to drive for 30 mins on motorway with my wife holding the door shut. Could not lock the car on our driveway... again 4 hours old... because the door would not shut!!

Following morning, attempted to push strip back into position... it came away completely. I could see two small plastic lugs that were sheared off within the plastic assembly attached to the door....

Waiting for dealer to get the parts and will then be replaced

I am far from impressed !! Car is fabulous apart from door issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's just bloody annoying!

There are others here that have experienced the same - heard about it a while back so wierd that Skoda havent fixed the issue on later produced cars. Was it newly built or were you able to find a dealer with one in stock?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had one of mine (driver's door) come off. The wife did it and she reckoned it just fell off! Personally I think they're quite useful as she's chipped two of our old cars on a wall before!

Anyone had any success getting the protector but to stick back on, or am I best off taking it to the dealer. I can't see any signs of bits sheering off so it looks like it should just clip back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just had the drivers door protector fall off.

Jumped out at the petrol station, briskly closed the door as I moved off only to hear an unusual thud. Looking back I see the drivers door being held open by the still visible black protector.

I go back and open the door to close it again and the protector falls on the floor! On closer examination the end has sheared off :(

Will be interesting to see what is said when I return the car to the dealer when my replacement arrives :S

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I wonder If it depends on who fits them at the factory.
My car was about the 6th in in the U.K back on the 6th April and I have no problems whatsoever apart from call buttons not working initially. Lucky old me! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Returned my Skoda kodiaq edition for what I thought would have been a minor repair to the door protection assembly but have been pushed from pillar to post after being told it is not a warranty claim (now by Blade Skoda Bristol, all electric garage and Skoda themselves). A customer service guy, Elliot, from Skoda advices that discretionary goodwill can be authorised by the franchised garages, but this has not been successful (for a measly 100 gbp assembly?).

To add to this I feel that I have been lied to by the garage who blamed the breakage on external influence (was told that my wife must have caught her coat in the door? Aren't doors designed to be accessed by coat wearing people?). After finding this forum it isn't clear that this is a design fault, I even told Elliot that I found the inner sliding mechanism had caught and so the protector did not retract when closing the door, but this was not evidently sufficient.

I get really pissed off at this kind of treatment by these huge businesses, and so am working through my own network (I lived in shanghai and know lots of Skoda people, one of which is now head of U.K. sales operations)) and so will go all the way to try to get Skoda to replace at their cost.

Such a shame, as I really love the car and have been a Skoda brand champion for 15 years....the after sales service has proved to not be great at all.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
This is inexcusable! There have been so many problems with the door protectors they must realise the fact.
Makes one wonder why the Karoq does not have the same system?? :?
Although I still consider the Kodiaq to be the best of the 73 cars I have owned, I must admit that I think it was launched prematurely.
If I ever suffer any really serious faults I shall sell it after having it repaired under warranty and buy a CR-V. One thing is absolutely certain..... I will NOT be keeping it when the warranty expires.
We all know that brand new models have their problems from time to time but some of the problems on the K are 'SIMPLY STUPID' and should never have occurred. Especially the electronic 'gizmology' which, quite clearly is not up to the mark, judging by the number of complaints on this forum.
If you're reading this Mr Skoda. Get your thumb out of your bum and get it sorted out! (Aimed at the Factory not SUK who are only the importers.)
Do let us know how you get on.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Well, you are a lucky chap then! Enjoy. Did your come from Kvasiny in Czech Republic?
Don't get me wrong, I love my K but having paid all that money it would be awfully nice if it was trouble free. :roll:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts