Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Door handle poor construction seen here,

Any of you who have their Kodiaq delivered noticing it?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
Dunno why I'd be twisting the handle with a death grip

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did spot the poorer construction on a demo I sat in where the handle cover had already worked itself loose, but it was easy to replace back. There are more positives to the Kodiaq to compensate for this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Zach said:
Dunno why I'd be twisting the handle with a death grip
I was thinking the same thing! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Haven't noticed anything on mine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MoominPapa said:
I did spot the poorer construction on a demo I sat in where the handle cover had already worked itself loose, but it was easy to replace back. There are more positives to the Kodiaq to compensate for this.
Sure, lots of positives, but hey, you'd figure they have sorted out how to make a sturdy door handle by now, right?!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have to say, mine isn't falling apart (yet at least) but It does feel a bit cheap, considering how the majority of the interior feels solid and well made.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Savage said:
I have to say, mine isn't falling apart (yet at least) but It does feel a bit cheap, considering how the majority of the interior feels solid and well made.
I wonder if its a poor handle design coupled with some people putting too much weight on it when going in/out of the car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes the door does seem heavier, and the handle may need more leverage due to position, but I don't think that's the sole reason, the handle just doesn't feel as solidly made as the one in my Octavia.
Personally I think moving it isn't needed, just make it more solid.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My door handles are like this. The drivers one was very loose and constantly squeaked when driving.
The garage in fairness tried their best to fix it but in the end they have ordered 2 new door cards that will be fixed this week.

J also have a new glove box and vents coming too as rhey are all not fitting right...

The frustrating thing was the replacement car they gave me recently was perfect compared to mine 😂😂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts