Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for a dog guard, needs to be easy to install and remove on a regular basis. What are your recommendations?

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
No dog guard will ever stop a medium/large dog being thrown to the front of the car in the case of an accident if he gets flung to the height of the back seat.
I have had dogs all my life and the type on rods, pressed onto the floor an roof lining are pretty useless. The best one is always the manufacturers, but even the way these are mounted will probably not retain a medium to large dog in a head on crunch. I can't remember the formula but a 60lb dog travelling at only 30mph weighs nearly 30 stone.
They are fine if you just want to stop the hound jumping onto the back seat. But a net will do that much more cheaply.
The only real way to secure Mr Hound is a dog cage tailored to fir the car.
Have a look here.

//www.google.co.uk/search?q=in+car+dog+cratews&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB711GB711&oq=in+car+dog+cratews&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l2.4910j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My hound is too old to jump over seats and usually lies down so I just put him in the boot.
The only problem is (with the 7 seater with spare and Canton) is that the height of the backs of the second row seats is much lower that that of say, a Yeti.
So a small agile hound could easily leg it over the back. A bigger dog would probably hit his head on the roof lining as the gap is not that large.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info,.
Our spaniel has already proved that she can get over the seat hence the enquiry about a dog guard. It will need to be removed often as the K will only be used occasionally for dog transportation.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input guys, for your information l do have a crate, but that wasn't the question l was asking about dog guards.
At the moment it feels like l have gone to the greengrocers and asked for apples and am being given pears.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
davidb said:
Thanks for your input guys, for your information l do have a crate, but that wasn't the question l was asking about dog guards.
At the moment it feels like l have gone to the greengrocers and asked for apples and am being given pears.
I sold you apples!
Go for the Skoda dog guard! It will be stronger than most aftermarket ones and will fit the car it is designed for on the built in fixing points.
Or the Travall looks good and probably a lot cheaper. One of my Yetis came supplied with a Travall and it was very well made.
Second mortgages are available! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts