Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Do all Kodiaq models with DSG have paddle shift?

15K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Hugh Fanism 
#1 ·
As title....not sure if they come with paddles or not. Can't remember seeing it in any literature or even on the demonstrator I drove. Didn't even think to check when I had the demonstrator out for a spin.

#2 ·
No, it's optional (with heated steering wheel) - a £245 option.

#3 ·
If I recall you can only get heated wheel if you also have heated seats. Ok on Edition but might be issue on SE etc

#5 ·
Don't fancy the paddleshift to be honest, it just looks clumsy and my Mrs would be hanging washing on it.

I'm also lazy and don't think I can be bothered having to think about when to shift up and down.

#6 ·
I've got paddles and heated steering wheel on my soon to be returned A6 black line.

With the DsG box in manual mode I've used the paddles a hand full of times over 3 years, usually when it's a really busy roundabout and I don't want any lag when accelerating out.

If the Skoda is anything like the Audi s-tronic box don't bother with dynamic mode, the lag occasionally is awful and has also left me in trouble a couple of times when I hit the accelerator and the car didn't move. Not good at a junction.

The heated steering wheel didn't really do much either, on many occasions I've wondered whether it is actually working.

#8 ·
neilysump said:
Excuse my ignorance but what is dynamic mode?
Auto - seems to be the default setting. Medium weight steering and throttle response feels average
Dynamic - Heavier steering, throttle response changes to all or nothing ;)
Economic - Medium weight steering, throttle response dissapears. Seems to actually achieve worse MPG than the Auto mode (as it makes you want to drive it harder).
Individual - you can set the steering and throttle response in the MMI.
Audi dynamic looks like Sport in a Škoda.

#9 ·
Interesting , does the Kodiaq DSG have a specific S (sport) mode on the auto gear lever?

On the audi I have it in s mode all the time, D or drive can be set in the computer, you have eco (rubbish and severely stunts the engine) and dynamic which is meant to be the best of both worlds.

#14 ·
sw1000 said:
Gizmo68 said:
Yes just pull the DSG leaver back (whist in D) and it goes into Sport (gearbox only), you can do it from the Mode button as well.
Thanks for letting me know, I do really enjoy the Dsg boxes, before it I said I would never buy an auto, now it's the reverse ;0)
I never fancied an auto at all in my younger years but with dodgy cartridges in my knees it made sense last time round. When I drove a work colleague home last week he raised an eyebrow at the CVT in my Nissan Note. He wasn't having it when I told him auto was the way forward. I'll never own another manual again. Can't wait for the DSG in my Kodiaq when it comes.

#15 ·
Fully agree, being stuck on the m4 in rush hour made me realise why am I sitting there constantly shifting up and down gears.

Also, when you add ACC automatic cruise control to the mix it's so much more relaxing. Had it on my Mazda 6 and current A6. Will never order a car without it.

Can be bit too safe sometimes but at low speeds in traffic it's amazing.

Drove my wives manual Kia Sportage and it's like going back to the dark ages.

#17 ·
I have DSG, heated wheel, and NO paddles - so paddles seem to be a specific option.

I have borrowed a Merc with paddle shifts, and didn't love it. Found myself trying to find them on a rotated wheel when confusion wasn't pleasant!

I am finding heated wheel a good option on the few cold mornings so far, and am really looking forward to Swiss winters.

#19 ·
Not sure how long exactly as I have not timed it but when using the paddles it goes into manual mode for about 10 seconds then reverts back to what it was before (D or S)
if you pull the + (R/H paddle) up for a couple of seconds it will then revert back to the previous mode straight away

#20 ·
Hugh Fanism said:
I never fancied an auto at all in my younger years but with dodgy cartridges in my knees it made sense last time round. When I drove a work colleague home last week he raised an eyebrow at the CVT in my Nissan Note. He wasn't having it when I told him auto was the way forward. I'll never own another manual again. Can't wait for the DSG in my Kodiaq when it comes.
I hada CVT Nissan Note. Worst car i've ever owned in every way imaginable. Couldn't get rid quickly enough.

I have however ordered a DSG Kodiaq.

#22 ·
Plodd said:
Hugh Fanism said:
I hada CVT Nissan Note. Worst car i've ever owned in every way imaginable. Couldn't get rid quickly enough.

I have however ordered a DSG Kodiaq.
I've found mine reasonably decent but it was only bought for practical reasons and I never expected much from it. It's actually much more responsive and it's quicker than I thought it might be (the supercharger does a decent job).

It's felt like a piece of junk since I took a Kodiaq for a test drive though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.