Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Now the frosty mornings are arriving is there a way off turning off the DLR'S? It's only while the bear is on the drive defrosting and warming up while I'm indoors having a cuppa. Once the bear is ready they'll be put back on again. Plus it saves waking the kiddies next door leaving it with the lights on.

Second question, once the engine has started does the key have to be in the vehicle, can I lock it and walk back indoors.

Cheers

Dave

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
DLRs can be coded to have an on and off switch in the Light settings however this has to be coded via VCDS. The key has to be in the car to start it but you don't need it in the car after - not sure about locking the car from the outside

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Daddy Pig said:
Hi all,

Now the frosty mornings are arriving is there a way off turning off the DLR'S? It's only while the bear is on the drive defrosting and warming up while I'm indoors having a cuppa. Once the bear is ready they'll be put back on again. Plus it saves waking the kiddies next door leaving it with the lights on.

Second question, once the engine has started does the key have to be in the vehicle, can I lock it and walk back indoors.

Cheers

Dave
I don't understand why you want to go through the hassle?
It is bad for the engine to do this and my 1.4 starts blowing hot air within 1/2 a mile. So I'm not sure why you would want to do as you suggest?
They are LEDs they use hardly any power.
Do they shine directly into a window next door??? If it does, don't they draw their curtains and are they in a downstairs bedroom??
You can shut the door without cutting the engine, but I'm not sure about locking it as well. Haven't you tried it :?:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Colin

I've always let my vehicle's run for 5 / 10mins so they defrost and warm up the inside, it's me being lazy at 0530 each morning, instead of scraping the ice away it's done by the time I've quickly walked the dogs and grabbed a cuppa. For the lights it's mainly if I'm parked on the road or driveway to avoid disturbing folk and also not to draw attention to a car left alone to defrost. Once I take delivery I'll try the locking and report back.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
I thought the Kodiaq had an auxiliary heater, where you set the departure time and temperature and it sorts itself out, with out the need of human intervention (other than setting it up in the first place)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I am intrigued. Thank you Sharms, I'll ask the dealer when it arrives.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't believe the auxiliary heater spoken about is an option in the UK (assuming that is your location).

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bear - yes UK, I'll be disappointed if it's not included

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it's anything like the aux heater in my current A5 it's just electric elements that warm the air in the vents when the engine temp is low, so you get warm air before the engine has warmed up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Your insurance won't cover you if your car gets pinched whilst you are having a cuppa. Also, it is technically illegal to leave the engine running in an unattended vehicle on a public highway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had aux' heating in my c350e and it was highly effective, hence my disappointment if doesn't feature in the Kodiaq

·
Registered
314 Posts
The UK auxiliary heater is a totally different thing to what you can spec (and pay extra for) in Europe, yes it will warm the car up quicker but only when the engine is running.

The car can be coded with VCDS so it can be locked whilst running (although it is still illegal to do this and if the car was stolen your insurance wouldn't pay out)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder why the fuel based auxiliary heater would not be available in certain countries? I would have to say this is one of the best extras I spent money on. It would most certainly have solved OPs heating dilemma.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts