Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what sort of discounts have people been getting in the uk?

i was on car wow recently and ive had an offer of a 19% discount on a factory order se 7 seat + the £1000 fuel card and 2 services

unbelievable if it will be matched by my local garage

has anyone achieved anything like this or near?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I managed to get 12.8 percent through Carwow also the fuel card and 2 services 😊

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well done!

Was that on a PCP deal or cash?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was offered 15.1% off on a 1.4 Edition 2WD through carwow on PCP which included the ŠKODA 2k contribution and services, petrol card would be on top. The dealer was pretty local, but ended up not going with them. They kept adding stuff to the actual PCP quote and I got a bit bored of that (various protections etc and a dash cam, none of which I asked for).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had issues with Carwow and the configurator. I knew exactly what spec i wanted but for some reason the Carwow configurator wouldn't let me build and submit that to dealers. Basically i wanted the area view with trailer assist option that came with the towbar, blind spot etc. When trying to add it it kept saying i couldn't have the pack with a towbar, pick one. kept trying to pick the pack but it just kept unselecting everything. I spoke to Carwow who said it was a known issue with various makes and models and the Skoda Kodiaq was one affected with no idea when it would be resolved. I was advised to submit the closest spec i could get the quotes and then email the dealers with the correct spec and get an updated price.

All the dealers i emailed or rang never actually bothered to get back to me and in the end i went to drivethedeal, whos configurator worked, and got a better deal which i then took to my local Skoda dealer and they agreed to match it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
14.3% with carwow plus services and fuel card.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Excluding factory and dealer options, 7 seat 150 TD 4x4 DSG Edition was £34,975 incl VAT, RFL and Registration Fee, against which I had £3,698 in Manufacturer contribution, Dealership Contribution and Finance Deposit Allowance, so total discount of 10.5%. In addition I had £250 of free options from the dealer and £500 from SUK for delay in deliery, so effectively a further 2% back in accessories, total 12.5% discount from Marshall in Reading.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I ordered an SE-L 190 Tdi with options recently. Dealers on Carwow offered me a 16% discount (not including free services and fuel card). My local dealer agreed to match it, and chucked in some minor stuff for free. Easiest negotiation I've ever done when buying a car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Professor said:
what sort of discounts have people been getting in the uk?

i was on car wow recently and ive had an offer of a 19% discount on a factory order se 7 seat + the £1000 fuel card and 2 services

unbelievable if it will be matched by my local garage

has anyone achieved anything like this or near?
WOW 19% best factory build I cold get was 15.6% but (18.8% for stock in March only).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not all Carwow discounts are ligit;

I was offered a 19% discount off the back of the exact config I entered on Carwow, but when I subsequently got through to the dealer (Ingram Skoda in Ayr), he said I couldn't have that spec and would only offer me an entirely different list of options I really didn't want.

Ended up going with Dan at http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/ - really happy with their service and discount came out at around 18% including broker fee

·
Registered
14 Posts
List price on my 1.4 TSI DSG 7 seat Edition was £32860, with my extras.

Got £3752 discount. £2k deposit on PCP (which i'll pay off immediately) plus £1k fuel card (and the free services). I make that a total "discount" equivalent of £6752 - or 20.54%

Quite pleased with this, which was via Carwow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The carwow quotes include the manufacturers finance contributions, in this case the £2,000 will have already been factored into the price offered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep. So let me put it another way.

Total car cost on the order form, including addons and first year tax, etc, £32860.

Price I pay after discounts, and £2k contribution to PCP is £27100

Plus £1k "fuel" card...so overall it's costing me £26100

If I pay off the PCP immediately, interest will be minimal (I'm not sure if I can just cancel within 14 days and still keep the fuel card).

·
Registered
4 Posts
We got a 15.6% discount through our local dealer with no fuss - they simply then added on the cost of the extras to the base price which I paid on a separate invoice as it seemed daft to be paying interest on a towbar....
That included the deposit contribution so if we add the fuel card on top it's 18.6% discount - I felt pretty good about it considering how little effort CarWow involved!

I was surprised to be offered a car already built (awaiting transportation) at the discounted price too as I expected to pay a premium for quicker delivery!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Zarjaz said:
If I pay off the PCP immediately, interest will be minimal (I'm not sure if I can just cancel within 14 days and still keep the fuel card).
I asked this question as I too will be paying off the balance in full after taking delivery.

We will still be eligible for all the contributions (£2,000, £1,000 fuel card and 2x free services).

However, the fuel card will be a sticking point for me. In the small print the car must be registered before the end of June to qualify. Given current lead-times and the fact my order has only just gone in makes it tight.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was told you should settle after one payment and not cancel, but others have been told different

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are conflicting views about

• cancelling the finance within the 14 day "cooling off" period
  • paying off the whole balance immediately, or
  • paying off all but a few pounds; waiting a week or so, and then paying off the remainder

I've not found a definitive answer!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finished negotiating today
Going to go down in the morning and order my kodiaq se with

Parking sensors
Children's pack
Remote folding rear seats
Compartment under seat
Pearl magic black paint
Spare wheel

Got £4250 knocked off (including the standard £2000)

Plus the fuel card, 2 services and 3yrs roadside

Guess with that sort of discount they can't be selling well round here

·
Registered
64 Posts
Make sure you check when ordering what happens if your car doesn't arrive before the end of June 2018.

Skoda's terms and conditions stipulate that the car must be registered before the 30th June to get the £1,000 Mastercard.

The average 12-14 week lead-times mean you're going to be tight.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Zarjaz said:
There are conflicting views about

• cancelling the finance within the 14 day "cooling off" period
  • paying off the whole balance immediately, or
  • paying off all but a few pounds; waiting a week or so, and then paying off the remainder

I've not found a definitive answer!
You can clear the finance as soon as you want.

Sign the paperwork, drive the car home and phone Skoda Finance. Tell them you'd like to exercise your 'Right to Withdraw'. There are two caveats...

1) The credit that you've taken out is for £60,260 or less.
2) You notify them verbally or in writing that you wish to withdraw within 14 days of setting up your credit agreement.

Even if you decide to settle after the 14 days cooling-off period then this is easy too, simply request a settlement quote.

A settlement quote details all outstanding money due in order for you to settle your finance including all credit, fees and interest.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts