Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Reposted in Faults & Technical on advice of a forum user - apologies, new to this forum]

Hello All

I am the proud owner of a new Kodiaq. I want to disconnect the aerial from the back of the Columbus infotainment system so the radio doesn't work (due to personal reasons) but I need the sat nav to still work. There are two connections on the back of the unit, visible once the unit is pulled out of the dashboard. When unplugging either one the whole unit ceases to work which is clearly not desirable. One looks like an aerial connection but has 4 connection pins on the plug so i'm wondering whether it is just 1 or 2 of these that need to be disconnected to prevent the radio working. Can anyone help with this unusual enquiry?

Alternatively, does anyone know the route of the wiring from the aerial on the roof; perhaps I could intercept it somewhere rather than take the rooflining down?

All advice gratefully received. Many thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
For what purpose would you want to disconnect the radio antenna?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, my thinking is that it's the simplest way of disabling the radio function of the infotainment unit (I don't want the radio bit to work), whilst hopefully still retaining the function of the sat nav, phone, media player etc. In the old days radios were separate units that could be simply removed but in modern cars they're incorporated in one unit with all the other gadgetry. I realise that it is an unusual requirement but it's on account of personal beliefs about not wanting to have a working (ie audible - i know the actual unit will still be functioning) radio in my car. Thanks again.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You could simply turn the radio off and use the sat nav. Or select CD playback (with no CD in the unit). In both cases, the radio won't work but the sat nav will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts