Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello Dears
is there any difference between 5 seats and the 7 seats ?! i mean in car wight or dimensions ?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Kodiaq RS - Brilliant Silver
1,043 Posts
With the 190PS TDI the towing capacity gets raised to 2500kg when you opt for the 5 seater.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
amm... so i think for small family the 5 seats is better

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
Yup. Only a family of 3 with no plans of expansion so the 5er made heaps more sense. Even more sense in the UK seeing it costs less as here in NZ it's NCO...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've heard rumors that with 3rd row down, second row can't move backward completly (not a problem with 5 seater). Additionally 1st row can move backward less, too. But nobody confirmed that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I went for a seven seater even though as a family we won't always use the 3rd row. The 3rd row does provide versatility and will allow us to bring Grandparents on short car trips and bring school friends home for play dates. After owning another seven seat SUV I couldn't go back to a five seater.

·
Registered
617 Posts
For people wanting 5 seats, the advice is generally to look for smaller SUVs like Karoq or Ateca or Tiguan for sharper handling, unless you want a big boot or big towing capacity.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We decided to go for a seven seater, for one main reason. To be in a position to take all of our grandchildren out, when we look after them during their schools summer holidays. For several years now when we have them all over we have been unable, as a one car family, to take them all out for the day on trips. Other than that there is just the two of us. What would we do without our grandchildren.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
503 Posts
romanv said:
I've heard rumors that with 3rd row down, second row can't move backward completly (not a problem with 5 seater). Additionally 1st row can move backward less, too. But nobody confirmed that.
With rear seats folded, I can move the middle row back or forward to its limits on the rails no issue.
You do get a slightly larger load area with a 5 seat, as the floor is lower, but AFAIK the second row has exactly same legroom.

·
Super Moderator
1,043 Posts
I think 5 seater models have more leg room seeing that the 5 seater floor mat is about 2" short for the 7 seaters on briskoda

·
Registered
181 Posts
hanyathlon said:
hello Dears
is there any difference between 5 seats and the 7 seats ?! i mean in car wight or dimensions ?
Here's the latest Pricing and Specifications including 5 seat variants.

https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/kodiaq_pricing_specs.pdf

Quite interesting to compare .. for example the 5 seat 190 tdi has a CO2 emission figure of 150g compared to 151g on the 7 seater. The 7 seater is going to cost you £300 more to tax in year 1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With even just two sprogs, three rows of seats makes sense whilst they can still fit in the back - reduces fighting without recourse to putting one in the boot.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 7 seater - for versatility, visiting family, etc. I've noticed that the middle row's default upright lock position - at the furthest back in the rails - does NOT put it comfortably against the luggage cover... but it can be tilted back to do so.

I have had the middle row down as well and there's just an obscene amount of space :) i reckon 2 adults could comfortably camp in it, in a pinch.

On the last car, tended to use the rear row for an impromptu 'cinema' while waiting for an Isles ferry with an iPad jammed in the middle headrest of the middle row and the boys sat in the rear row. Redundant on this model as the console plays video from the DVD player in the glovebox! (While the car is stationary)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts