Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just paid £500 deposit to My local Skoda dealer and have secured build slot no2 out of only 42 slots they have allocated for a Kodiaq in 2017. I have registered my spec and car preference which I can change at the point of final order. They won't be getting a left hand drive model until Feb for demonstrating and the orders being delivered from April. Not sure how many dealers there are in the UK but that won't be many cars available for the whole of the UK!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I have been promised first dibs by my dealer who does not require a deposit until the actual order is placed. Why did your dealer want a deposit? You have not ordered anything yet (you can't ~ orders are not , Sounds like yet open) sounds like a con to me, just make sure you don't run away and order something else when you get fed up with waiting like Rangavin has done.
Just out of interest who is your dealer? He has a large allocation. My dealer is one of the biggest Yeti sellers in the country and he has only been allocated 20.
BTW there are 140 dealers in the U.k so Kodiaqs are going to be like hen's teeth. That will be good for residuals! :D
I'll race to to the actual order! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vindis in Cambridge. I have an official new vehicle order form with vehicle type (no spec yet) and build slot confirmation letter from Vindis stating the details and that at the point when I can officially place the order I can cancel and get my money back. Paying deposits for cars that don't exist is fairly common practise. They also stated that the Kodiaq is above what their dealership is tasked with selling next year so there is no discount. You pays your money and you takes your choice. Its a bit like if you want to go on Holiday to a nice resort and spaces are limited if you don't pay a deposit you don't get the holiday you want. Vindis Bury St Edmunds only has about 30 on their build schedule. They are ringing 40 people on their mailing list who have registered an interest. if they all take up their options there will be no cars until 2018!!

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Have you actually placed an order or just reserved a slot?
I am the first and so far only one to order a Kodiaq from Meadens in the New Forest. Can't wait to see the left hooker in the flesh on the 18th Feb.
They don't exactly seem to be flying of the shelves, as they say, do they!
I suppose it is understandable people not wanting to spend £30K on a car unseen and untested.
It is only we nutty few who have so much faith in Skoda that we are prepared to do it. ;)
We will be a very select bunch when the dozen or so of us in the country hit the streets between April and June.
This is the SE L1.4 DSG, Jungle Green I have ordered but with silver Triglavs as the no cost option. + Panoramic roof and beige Alcantara interior.
I was afraid it might look rather like an army truck. But I am actually very pleased with the way it looks. My Yeti before the current one was Jungle Green.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Colin,
It's a reservation on a build slot. It's refundable until I look at the car in a few weeks.
It's quite scary as it's the most I've spent on a new car of which I haven't test driven. Plus it's my first Skoda!

Love your colour choice. I've gone for the boring moon white metallic, not the candy white as I said in another topic on this forum, as I think it will help the resale value.

Regards
Jamie.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hi!

I also paid 1000€ of deposit for a car that I've never driven. Actually I've never driven any Skoda.

There is only one Kodiaq in Slovenia that is currently being used by journalists. It will be available for a test drive from 30.1. on and will be cycling between all dealers.

Fortunately that Kodiaq was registered at the dealer where I am going to purchase my bear, so I had an opportunity to touch it, feel it and almost lick it :)

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I 'ummed' & 'arred' for ages over colour.
My current Yeti is Petrol (Lava) blue, my first Yeti was Shark blue (not available on Kodiaq) my second Yeti was Jungle Green.
I wondered about Candy white because I am a cheap skate ;) and it's the cheapest.. I was warned off Pacific blue by my dealer as it has a white undercoat and is a 'soft' paint. It shows every scratch and mark and if deep enough you get the white undercoat showing/glaring through.
In the end, not really wanting two consecutive cars of the same colour I opted for Jungle and thought s0d the cost!
I ended up getting £1000 off the price (not going to say how at the moment- possibly later) and so with panoramic roof, front sensors metallic paint and cream Alcantara interior and Triglav wheels both as no cost options it came to £29,650.
Roman don't worry about ordering it as your first Skoda and not driving or seeing it, I will be gobsmacked if you aren't chuffed to bits with it!
In Yeti land we have a thing called the 'Yeti grin' ( a friend has just bought his first Skoda, a 13 reg pre facelift Yeti and I asked him if he had got the 'Yeti Grin' without explaining what it was and he knew what I meant and said "YES, have I!') and I am sure we will all have the 'Kodiaq grin' as well.
I am getting so impatient!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts