Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly 5 months after ordering, my Kodiaq is due to arrive tomorrow by driven delivery. I have been told to inspect it thoroughly on delivery to log any damage/faults. Other than the obvious scratch or tyre damage, are there any common issues emerging that I should look out for?
Thanks,
WeeCobi

PS. I still haven't seen a Kodiaq on the road yet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would check the inside driver and passenger door handles - a few photos posted on here of ill fitting handles. Check all or any options present. Spare wheel etc.

But enjoy it. New car day woohoo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys and girls, It would be really helpful now that some of you lucky people have actually got your Kodiaqs if a list of things to check and look out for was made to help those who are still waiting on delivery. I want to make sure that when I inspect my car that I know what faults have cropped up and what to look for. Hopefully most of the faults like the handles etc have been ironed out by Skoda. I am still waiting on confirmation of my build week which is yet to go to code 20 and currently sits at week 34. I suppose at this stage what with the shut down at the factory that it will be moved forward. Anyway I think it will help a lot of people if a checklist could be made. A good idea? Thanks all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry meant to put that I doubt it will be moved forward at this stage. (Obviously my brain not fully in gear when typing)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Take the list of options that you ordered with you and ask for everything to be demonstrated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
When I took delivery of mine the passenger air-bag was switched off. Easy enough to correct via the switch in the A post.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My advice is don't go looking for problems that in all probability aren't there. Contributors on here have at times worked themselves into hyperbolic / apoplectic rage over issues which in at least one case have required a good portion of humble pie with the dealer / manufacturer. Many of the gripes and moans on here are just that, and the faults which can seem to be so prelavent based on a narrow focus and fairly voiciferous minority, are not experienced by all. Your dealer will do a PDI, just enjoy the car, and be reassured that you have a fairly comprehensive warranty plus consumer law should they have not done the PDI professionally or should something go wrong.

Yes it is a substantial investment, yes you have expectations of quality standards (it lives up to mine) but it is just a car, and a mass produced one at that . . . Glass half full folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts