Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi salesman sent me a video of my replacement Kodiaq at his dealership covered in white plastic sheeting etc a couple of days ago and I’m going to pick it up next Wednesday. Ordered right at the end of July and initially got a projected delivery of 10th November. So, unlike many others, delivery looks basically on time. The car took 3 weeks to arrive from the factory with a longer than normal wait at the dockside in Europe I have been told.
What model did u get

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

I've ordered vrs early June and collected it last week. So it took exactly 6 months - i am from the continent tho.

The car was fully specced but what surprised me is you only get 1 umbrella (drivers side) and only one bin as part of family pack. Also with the aero wheels (sagitarius) you dont get any wheel nut covers (if you were to remove aeros - single piece btw), you dont get RDKS/TMPS sensors and yes it comes with conti sports contact 5.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi guys,

I've ordered vrs early June and collected it last week. So it took exactly 6 months - i am from the continent tho.

The car was fully specced but what surprised me is you only get 1 umbrella (drivers side) and only one bin as part of family pack. Also with the aero wheels (sagitarius) you dont get any wheel nut covers (if you were to remove aeros - single piece btw), you dont get RDKS/TMPS sensors and yes it comes with conti sports contact 5.
Interesting - TPMS was mandatory on new vehicles in the EU from 2014, so I would be amazed if it doesn't have it...

It's also in the list of standard equipment on a Kodiaq vRS in the UK.

My understanding is that most Skodas that have the umbrella stowage in the front doors now only come with one umbrella as standard. Certainly true on the Enyaq. Might have to 'lose' one of the ones from my current car when it comes to handover time!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interesting - TPMS was mandatory on new vehicles in the EU from 2014, so I would be amazed if it doesn't have it...

It's also in the list of standard equipment on a Kodiaq vRS in the UK.

My understanding is that most Skodas that have the umbrella stowage in the front doors now only come with one umbrella as standard. Certainly true on the Enyaq. Might have to 'lose' one of the ones from my current car when it comes to handover time!
As for TPMS - probably lack of my knowledge/terminology, SKODA does come with indirect system (that monitors through ABS) but Sagitarius wheels does not have direct system (RDKS - Reifendrueck Kontrolsystem). I heard from another dealer that if you go for 5 seater and order Ignite wheels, the direct sensors are included.

As for the umbrellas and other 'small bits - it would've been nice to include more than 1 in L&K/RS versions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
As for TPMS - probably lack of my knowledge/terminology, SKODA does come with indirect system (that monitors through ABS) but Sagitarius wheels does not have direct system (RDKS - Reifendrueck Kontrolsystem). I heard from another dealer that if you go for 5 seater and order Ignite wheels, the direct sensors are included.

As for the umbrellas and other 'small bits - it would've been nice to include more than 1 in L&K/RS versions?
Not entirely sure what the difference between the German RDKS (Reifendrueck Kontrolsystem as you say) and the UK TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System) would be - I'd have thought that they're identical? It's standard on UK spec Kodaiq vRS with the Sagitarius alloys. Here's the list of standard equipment from the UK configurator:

Product Font Line Screenshot Software

My experience of it is that the system on the Kodiaq is OK - it will warn you of a low pressure, but won't tell you what the pressure actually is. Better on my wife's 2015 Merc C Class Estate as that will not only warn you of a low pressure, it will tell you the actual pressure on any given wheel at that time and the correct pressure (or at least the last set pressure when the system was last reset). Much better and may be what you're describing as the difference between the direct and indirect systems? Not really sure which the Kodiaq uses, but it clearly satisfies the EU regulation!

As for the penny-pinching on only giving one umbrella and charging if you want two, I couldn't agree more! In the UK we don't even get the warning triangle as it isn't a UK regulation requirement to carry one. Across most of Europe it is, so in those markets it's included as standard afaik.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re sensors confusion - i think it's my fault. There are 2 types direct and indirect and both called TMPS (which makes sense as it's tyre pressure monitoring system). On my previous cars it was telling exact values on each wheel.

Yes, i do not get why they wouldnt supply minimum required equipment as standard - that is definitely weird.

·
Registered
2022 kodiaq VRS in race blue
84 Posts
Update from dealer

The car has made the trip from the continent and is currently in the port of Grimsby ....woohoo

·
Registered
428 Posts
Update from dealer

The car has made the trip from the continent and is currently in the port of Grimsby ....woohoo
Didn't quite make the early Christmas present then. New Year present? Guess it's not worth waiting for a 22 plate this far out, I'd just get the car...

Pictures required (once you get it, of course!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Factory shut down till middle of January now
Is the sportsline coming with canton system or not cos of chip shortage

·
Registered
945 Posts
Skoda just quoted me 30-40 weeks

·
Registered
428 Posts
Factory shut down till middle of January now
Is the sportsline coming with canton system or not cos of chip shortage
Skoda extended their Christmas/New Year shutdown through to 10 Jan:
Skoda to extend holiday break until Jan. 10

Haven't seen anything anywhere saying that the Canton isn't available, bearing in mind it's not standard on the Sportline, it's an optional extra, although not available on the configurator at the moment on any trim level. Not sure why.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Skoda just quoted me 30-40 weeks
I was quoted 30-40 weeks when I ordered the Sportline on 10 November, three weeks later I was told it was planned for production in week 1 /22 so I assume as sson as shutdown finishes. I've not heard anything to the contrary. I guess it depends on what spec you order and what chip based xomponents are required and what they have available. The 30-40 is worst case which is what any manufacturer shoukd do in the current circumstances.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was quoted 30-40 weeks when I ordered the Sportline on 10 November, three weeks later I was told it was planned for production in week 1 /22 so I assume as sson as shutdown finishes. I've not heard anything to the contrary. I guess it depends on what spec you order and what chip based xomponents are required and what they have available. The 30-40 is worst case which is what any manufacturer shoukd do in the current circumstances.
Don't hold your breath. Sorry to be negative but we reached my production week, the car was shown as being built and we've been stuck there for 2 months so far!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't hold your breath. Sorry to be negative but we reached my production week, the car was shown as being built and we've been stuck there for 2 months so far!
I'm not. To be honest I'd be happy keeping the old one until the original forecast of July/ August or longer as the miles will be on that and it's still under warranty (I extended it when I got it) The old PCP runs out on 15 Jan but I'm now switching onto a short term PCP (through Skoda) that will run for up to 12 months and 12k miles paying the same monthly as before As soon as the new one arrives I just give the old back; that guaranteed the value of the PX and equity when I signed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sadly for me I accepted a deal where I traded the old one in at the point I ordered the new one.... so I've been carless since August!

To be fair I do have access to another vehicle if absolutely necessary but still.... I want my new car!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts