Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Today I've read a Google-translated compare test in Auto Motor und Sport magazine (Kodiaq vs 5008 - yeah, Kodiaq won!!!)
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/vergleichstest/peugeot-5008-bluehdi-180-und-skoda-kodiaq-20-tdi-4x4-test-12008571.html

What surprised me was the following statement (translated):
'Whether fully loaded or only occupied by the driver: The Skoda is a talented Federer, if the adaptive dampers (940 euros) were ordered.'

So if Kodiaq has DCC then the adaptive dampers work always the same, fully loaded or only with one passenger.

On the other hand, the classic dampers are depending heavily on the tyre pressure to make the drive comfortable/sporty.

Altought some forumers said that there was no difference between DCC and non-DCC dampers (I still can confirm that there are when driving over speed bumps in comfort or sport mode), the above mentioned statement tells me a complete different story.

Best regards, Roman

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think anyone said that there's no difference between DCC and non DCC dampers. There's a differing opinion on whether it's worth the price or not. Half the reviews recommend it, and the other half say it's not worth it. I would've gone for it but I didn't want 4X4.

·
Registered
314 Posts
My current car (Superb) has DCC and there is a big difference between Comfort and Sport, I don't imagine this to be any different on the Kodiaq.

IF we get a Kodiaq (my extended test drive is not until next month) then it will mainly be SWMBO who drives it as it will replace her Yeti, I doubt that she would use the DCC but I certainly would so will spec it.

We all have different requirements so test drive one without DCC if possible and if you are happy with the ride either save the money or spend it on other options.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
I ordered mine blind last December and it doesn't have DCC so I cannot comment on which is best/worth the ££.
All I would say is that without it the ride is firm, the roadholding excellent. Ride is as firm as yeti but more 'supple' due to the longer wheelbase. (think 88" Landy Vs 108" Landy). A much smoother, less 'jiggly' ride than the Yeti

·
Registered
314 Posts
Interesting Colin,

I really hope the demo we get doesn't have DCC so I can compare, the biggest thing I do not like about the Yeti is how crashy the Yeti is over poorly maintained roads (SWMBO is fine with the ride though!)

It would help me if I didn't need to order DCC, as keeping the price below £40K means something has to give from my preferred options list.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think standard setting in DCC is equivalent to non DCC.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
Interesting Colin,

I really hope the demo we get doesn't have DCC so I can compare, the biggest thing I do not like about the Yeti is how crashy the Yeti is over poorly maintained roads (SWMBO is fine with the ride though!)

It would help me if I didn't need to order DCC, as keeping the price below £40K means something has to give from my preferred options list.
I suggest that you really should test BOTH before you firm up your order. If you find the Yeti 'crashy', as I did, you will be delighted with the better ride of the non DCC Kodiaq.
For my low mileage of about 6K a year and mostly driven solo+ hound I did not even consider it. I was trying to keep under £30K (as I am only a poor old pensioner ;) Luckily I got a £1K discount so my total with sun roof and front sensors was £29650

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi Kodiaq,

Maybe read many of the differing views already posted in detail within the forum as loads of people have given their views for and against.

Personally having had 2 test drives, 1 with DCC and 1 without, I decided NOT to order.....I was very happy with the standard suspension. But that's personal choice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Kodiaq,

There are a number of other comments throughout these pages if you search DCC.

I posted my views having driven both https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=580&p=5514#p5514

However, that is personal opinion.......as others have suggested on here, I would suggest you test drive a car WITHOUT DCC. If you are happy with that (which I was) then you can save the money.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Not really a concern if mostly driving highway and city. DCC would be great if you do lots of country side driving and also city/highway, so you can tweak it for those less smooth surfaces when in the country side.

·
Registered
314 Posts
It really does come down to personal preference as well as the condition of the roads you drive on, I'm glad my Superb has it and that never goes off the tarmac, but driving a non DCC Kodiaq would be the best way to determine if you think it is work £1k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts